Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New projector build

Default New projector build

Thought I'd better make a start on the long planned RGB this week so here we go.

I know you're all going to shoot me down for using 1/4" plate for the table, but I had it lying round, it is very well braced with U channels and if it causes a problem; I will change it, simple as that.

Dichros and mounts from Rob (Stanwax), CNI 473 bought a couple of weeks ago from Banthai. The quick and dirty red is temporary, I made it to upgrade one of my cheapo chinese RGYs, but got impacient to see some colours

Underside showing the modifeid PC PSU, ready to feed the 1 watt green coming from Rob very soon.

Here's the case just waiting for it's front panel. which I'll finish tomorrow

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

There a lot of direct sunlight streaming in here but at least she's alive. Sort of.

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

That looks great! I love the dual red modules! That will be stunning when you get a green in there!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Thumbs up

Looks very nice! How long did that take you to build? The case? What scanners are those? 10K; mirrors look big for anything else.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    That looks great! I love the dual red modules! That will be stunning when you get a green in there!
    It's just a pair of Sony long open cans in Aixiz housings in New Wish heatsinks (from DX). I have replaced the lenses with coated glass jobs, removed the springs and used nitrile O rings to stabilize the lens adjusters (you can just see the purple showing in the closeup pics) which stops them wobbling like a nodding dogs!

Doc's website

nice work doc
    keep those pictures comming.
    Do not look into laser with remaining eye
    Need laser repair contact me !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Looks very nice! How long did that take you to build? The case? What scanners are those? 10K; mirrors look big for anything else.
    It's taken a week of evenings to build thus far. The scanners are laserworld 20k's (in they're dreams) but they are from one of the afore-mentioned chinese projectors. The mirrors measure 6 x 11mm. Scanpro 30's on the shopping list, or maybe some DTs from Rob.

Doc's website

Looking great so far.

Keep us updated.

Front panel fabbed and installed, haven't decided yet if I should powder coat the sucker, or stay with the DIY look.

Doc's website

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Front panel fabbed and installed, haven't decided yet if I should powder coat the sucker, or stay with the DIY look.
    DIY look? Looks pretty damn good to me!

Interesting that you built a red-blue laser, seeing as green is the most common and cheapest. I guess you'll add one soon enough.