Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chroma - a laser color blender

The only working download I could find was the reuploaded files in post #113
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...097#post296097

I tried running it with 32 bit Matlab runtime installed, then with 64 bit runtime (running 64bit Win7). Get this error in both cases:

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The only working download I could find was the reuploaded files in post #113
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...097#post296097

I tried running it with 32 bit Matlab runtime installed, then with 64 bit runtime (running 64bit Win7). Get this error in both cases:
    Hmm, I had the same error last time - but not this time. Tried on two machines, no error message.

Had chrome.exe and cChroma_pkg.exe in the same directory, installed cChroma_pkg.exe - Said yes at the first command line prompt, installed, ran Chroma.exe and no issue. Both machines are x64 - I'll need to try it on a different machine to see if I can reproduce the error.

I completely don't understand what your issue is with this.
    Diodes are current limited devices so you need some way to limit the current, a driver. That's vasicallybwhat a bench supply is.
    Whatever way you choose to power these things you are going to need some way to adjust the current.
    So using the ratios I mentioned previously you can work out roughly how many of each colour diodes you'll need. You can fine tune the current for the absolute desired colour.
    Drive the red to about 600mW, 445 to about 900, you've got purple.
    5W of purple, try 2W red, 3W 445
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I know this is an old thread/program, but I wanted to re-upload the files here since it took me ages to hunt down the MCR installer that it needed to work. Install cChroma_pkg.exe first, then replace Chroma.exe with the one included, then install MCRInstaller.exe, and it should be good to go!

http://www.filedropper.com/chroma_1

Nice one Rev.

I personally think Chroma is a very useful addition to the predictive tool box. May not be 100% substitute for experience, but can nevertheless point you in the right direction.

It's also worth mentioning that so far as colour adjustments go once you have used chroma to aid with buying laser powers which are closely matched for balance, the fine tuning available in Beyond is second to none.

Where is the chroma windows 10 version?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Where is the chroma windows 10 version?
    As far as I'm aware there is no new version, I've been using the original version. I'm 99% sure I had it running on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Diachi View Post
    As far as I'm aware there is no new version, I've been using the original version. I'm 99% sure I had it running on Windows 10.
    I have older chroma and MCRInstaller but the chroma not run on win10. I tried run other compatibility mode, but no run.

i could go find the equations but if you post them here it should be trivial anymore to write code to give the result. The graphic would be a touch more but if you just want a number that can't be too hard. I think even xls could do it.

I use the following and it works well. 2:1:3. Rgb. You can even do 3:1:4. I find pie. A little pink.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    i could go find the equations but if you post them here it should be trivial anymore to write code to give the result. The graphic would be a touch more but if you just want a number that can't be too hard. I think even xls could do it.

I use the following and it works well. 2:1:3. Rgb. You can even do 3:1:4. I find pie. A little pink.
    Ok, no problem the color balance setting. (my ratio is 1:1:2)
    I want try different color ratio and wavelength.