Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chroma - a laser color blender

how did you get it to work? I also have W7 64-bit, and I tried all packages on the ftp, and it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by bryce007 View Post
    how did you get it to work? I also have W7 64-bit, and I tried all packages on the ftp, and it doesn't work
    I recall having a problem with one thing... needing to move the file. I don't recall having any issues with the installation. Can you elaborate on the error you are getting?

--DDL

EDIT: I should probably mention that I moved it into a folder in 'Documents' that I created.
    Last edited by daedal; 02-26-2010 at 18:07. Reason: Adding details
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Ooops, I didn't have it in the same folder as the MCR. My bad!

Is your web down as its refusing to serve me - connection problems dialogue.

Yes, the web server really is down. Making some changes to the computers at work (just got a Core i7 980X). I will have a (much slower) mirror up later today.

Here's the mirror:
    http://tocket.mine.nu/Chroma/

Only 10Mbit unfortunately.

Side note for everyone, can provide b/w to people for free projects if needs be.
    Regards,

Aidan

Default Chroma on Win7-64

Hi guys. I installed and updated a fresh legit copy of Win7 Pro 64-bit, installed .NET, the latest graphics card drivers, Matlab 7.11, changed the PATH and still when I click the Chroma x64 app the computer heistates as if it's about to launch and then... nothing. It doesn't launch, create any files or give an error message. It acts as if I never clicked on anything at all - nothing additional appears in the task manager during this process. I have tried installation in a different order many times, read and re-read this topic and Chroma readme with no luck. Matlab is installed in the proper location as described in the readme, too. Do any of you Windows 7 gurus know what might be the problem? Thanks in advance

It takes a long time to launch, typically around 30 seconds or so.

Maybe you're just not waiting long enough before cancelling the threads from task manager. If not then I'm not sure. I have it on Windows 7 64 bit and it runs fine on mine.

Thanks for your reply. It's really strange because I have the task manager open and never force close anything - when "launching" chroma nothing appears in the task manager at all. I've let it sit there overnight and still nothing. I'll get the "working" mouse pointer icon for a few seconds after double clicking chroma but that's it.

I bought and installed Windows7 on a new hard drive just for Chroma so I'm not giving up

I'll post exactly what I have and maybe someone will see something I've missed:

1. Install Win7 Pro 64bit
    2. Install MATLAB 7.11 - resides in directory C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler runtime\v711
    3. Add entry into the USER environment table as the variable "PATH" pointing to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v711\runtime\win64
    4. Place Chroma folder in Program Files.
    5. Double Click Chroma

Anyone see anything wrong with this? Are there any special software updates or hardware requirements for Chroma with Matlab 7.11?

Thanks!
    Ron