Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this an legal version of Mamba??

But Mr Vash .... just cant grasp the point that hes selling copy / hacked software

WHY DOES HE NOT REMOVE IT FROM THE BUNDLE ...

But then again the inerface is a copy of the Medialas USB interface as well

SO WHY NOT STOP SELLING THIS PRODUCT ????

easy ... MONEY !!!!!

we have so many reputable Chinese Supliers here on this forum,like bridge, Jian, and frank etc we know them on a personal basis and trust them .... but companies like chinesedepartmentstore are destroying the reputation of good honest chinese suppliers ....

karl

I think it could have been at large help if some of the "Respected" Chinese company send a e-mail, ask to remove this illegal software..

The last cracked version of Mamba Black I examined was wrapped with an (also cracked) version of Themida and contained some code I wouldn't touch with a 30 feet pole for my life's sake The worst thing to me is that they damage my credibility. I've invested countless hours to make Mamba a great piece of software and they've got the nerve to spread an old, outdated, sometimes buggy version along with potentially dangerous "addons"
    Average Joe might see that cracked version and say "D'oh, look at this mess. They keep on telling me they fixed all the bugs and then it's crashing again and again".

*sigh*

Personally, I think the best thing to do is release frequent updates with bugfixes and new features. We're currently tweaking a lot of details to make updating much easier than before. Mamba 2.0 has been officially presented on the Pro Light and Sound trade show in Frankfurt the other day, and I'm in the middle of adding a bunch of goodies to show that the upgrade is worth every penny.

I visited China a couple of years ago for a trade show. I also visited a lot of factories. What I could say that unfortunatly we have to get over what they do overthere. There is no rules and regulations. They can do whatever they want. Even if easylas send them and email. It will be ignored. Plus there a lot of resellers who don't have control over whats going on. Unit came from a factory sealed in the package. Reseller can't just drop the product. They have to make money. Thats thereality.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

When will it hit the masses Andre?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    The last cracked version of Mamba Black I examined was wrapped with an (also cracked) version of Themida and contained some code I wouldn't touch with a 30 feet pole for my life's sake The worst thing to me is that they damage my credibility. I've invested countless hours to make Mamba a great piece of software and they've got the nerve to spread an old, outdated, sometimes buggy version along with potentially dangerous "addons"
    Average Joe might see that cracked version and say "D'oh, look at this mess. They keep on telling me they fixed all the bugs and then it's crashing again and again".

*sigh*

Personally, I think the best thing to do is release frequent updates with bugfixes and new features. We're currently tweaking a lot of details to make updating much easier than before. Mamba 2.0 has been officially presented on the Pro Light and Sound trade show in Frankfurt the other day, and I'm in the middle of adding a bunch of goodies to show that the upgrade is worth every penny.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    When will it hit the masses Andre?

Jim
    That's a good question. The final date isn't scheduled by me, but it shouldn't be too long until then. I guess just a few weeks... I'm totally curious about the feedback already The show at the PLS trade show in Frankfurt was absolutely cool, it's really fun to see the result of a lot of work perform awesome effects Mamba just 0wnz0red everything around, feeding a bunch of fat Infinity projectors.

I mentioned it before, 2.0 won't have all the features from the wishlist at first, but I did a lot of preparations for improved update speed and much more frequent release of new features. Mamba 2.0 will get a better update check that will be able to fetch and install the update with much less user interaction.

Will the version 2 be free to existing customers or will there be a charge ?

Onge (André)

P.S. 1.96 solved all my problems that I was experiencing with Mamba Black, thank you. Just got to sort out why I cannot use any DAC live now. There is a post around somewhere about it.
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Onge View Post
    Will the version 2 be free to existing customers or will there be a charge ?

Onge (André)

P.S. 1.96 solved all my problems that I was experiencing with Mamba Black, thank you. Just got to sort out why I cannot use any DAC live now. There is a post around somewhere about it.

Version 2 will not be a free update, but a TOTALLY new uppgrade that you must pay to get..
    And I personally think that it worth paying for no mater what

Default SCREWED

Yep i got screwed by an asian vendor with this.

The package was advertised as mamba and came in a box labeled laser controller.

The contents ared exactly the same as photos on cds.

It did not install as the trojan was picked up by the computer but i wasted $200usd for something that does not work.

By pangolin usb fb3 xe controller which is excellent value and works like a charm.

Exclamation

Something else to consider about these Chinese clones... I have a friend that ended up with a copy of this "mamba clone" software, along with a clone of the easylase DAC. (Long story short: He didn't buy it, the venue manager did, but he was stuck trying to make it work. He failed, and they're running an FB3 now.)

The software does indeed have a trojan on it. But that's not the worst part. Even if you somehow manage to install it manually, the DAC has a fatal flaw. It doesn't open the shutter! That's right - the DAC will never send a signal down pin 13 to open the shutter, even if your software tells it to!

So the DAC won't work with any proper projector that has a shutter. Brilliant!

Adam