Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you touchin back there?

Cool

Spec has been notified... Hopefully he'll figure out a work-around (apart from changing back to the default style) soon.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    . . .Someone needs to vectorize that picture...
    Fixed! No charge!

-Jonathan

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    I see a problem with the new design - links! They are the same color as normal text which makes them impossible to see. You can`t even change the color of them manually.

Who cares? We were discussing the logo; try to stay on track. Who needs to click on links when you have a logo like Gus is suggesting?

I would think a raster would allow the skin to show up better... How is a vector graphic better? Might need her to pose again with the laser "on" also...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    . . .I would think a raster would allow the skin to show up better... How is a vector graphic better? Might need her to pose again with the laser "on" also...
    Could you tell me a little more about this "raster" of which you speak? I've never heard that word used the way you did. Do you mean that the image should be optimized for color/saturation/contrast etc?

Just wondering.

from Wikipedia.org:
    "In computer graphics, a raster graphics image or bitmap, is a data structure representing a generally rectangular grid of pixels, or points of color, viewable via a monitor, paper, or other display medium. Raster images are stored in image files with varying formats. . ."

-Jonathan

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Could you tell me a little more about this "raster" of which you speak? I've never heard that word used the way you did. Do you mean that the image should be optimized for color/saturation/contrast etc?
    No, he meant that instead of trying to convert the picture of Gus' girlfriend into a standard vector-art ILDA file, we should run it through Pangolin's raster converter. This creates a raster-scanned image, similar to what you see on a standard television, that you can display with your laser projector - except that you only have about 50 vertical lines of resolution.

Evidently you missed it at SELEM last year when we played the Pangolin "Linea" show. The *entire* show is made of raster frames. So yeah, it's like watching laser television. Of course, with only 50 lines of vertical resolution, the resulting picture is a little grainy, but if you've never seen the effect before it will make your jaw drop.

Just found a video of the Linea show... Check it out. (Yet another reason to get an LD-2000!)

Adam

Holy shit... It's like watching a late 80's video game. That is freaking awesome....
    I bet it requires some pretty quick galvos....

Cool

Gus;

Believe it or not, that show runs just fine on a standard set of 30K scanners. Of course, it doesn't scan very wide (only around 5 degrees or so).

If anyone has an LD-2000 system at the upcoming PaCoLEM, be sure to ask them to run the "Linea" show for you so you can see it in real life.

And yeah, it's pretty damn cool.

Adam

Default Re: Buffo

I should have made that connection. Oops.

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    No, he meant that instead of trying to convert the picture of Gus' girlfriend into a standard vector-art ILDA file, we should run it through Pangolin's raster converter. This creates a raster-scanned image, similar to what you see on a standard television, that you can display with your laser projector - except that you only have about 50 vertical lines of resolution.

Evidently you missed it at SELEM last year when we played the Pangolin "Linea" show. The *entire* show is made of raster frames. So yeah, it's like watching laser television. Of course, with only 50 lines of vertical resolution, the resulting picture is a little grainy, but if you've never seen the effect before it will make your jaw drop.

Just found a video of the Linea show... Check it out. (Yet another reason to get an LD-2000!)

Adam

Seriously speaking... this is not even close to how good it looks with lasers...

I'll take a video of it on my projector, but I don't know if it's really legal to publish this stuff... is it?

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Question

(o_O)