Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you touchin back there?

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    Seriously speaking... this is not even close to how good it looks with lasers...

I'll take a video of it on my projector, but I don't know if it's really legal to publish this stuff... is it?

--DDL
    I think it's ok to take a video of it as long as you're not selling it or profiting in any way.

I could be wrong though

Cool

It is legal to post videos of any of the Pangolin shows that come with the controller. You have full rights to those shows - you can even use them in your own commercial productions, remember?

But yeah, raster laser images are *very* cool. There are a few shows that have raster elements in them (Madonna's "Music" and Snap's "Rhythm is a Dancer", for example), but the Linea show is the only one I've ever seen where the entire show (including the ending credits) are done in raster.

Adam

Question

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...a few shows that have raster elements in them (Snap's "Rhythm is a Dancer", for example)...
    What part of this uses raster? I assumed it was all 3D Studio Max.

Cool

The bulbs in the moving lights at the end of the show are rasters.

There are several abstracts in there as well - it's not all 3Dstudio max... The disco floor is lit with abstracts, and the eye of the talking face are also abstracts.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 04-21-2009 at 08:50.

Woah!! I did wonder if it meant raster as in a CRT tv raster. Impressive stuff.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.