Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelosh & Kvant

Thumbs up Pelosh & Kvant

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

I have just taken delivery of my shiny new Kvant 600mw 642nm Laser and wanted to share my extreme delight with you...

Martin (Pelosh) was in contact with me throughout the whole transaction with regular e-mails and even taking the time to call me on the phone with updates.

The laser was built to order and I ordered it right before ProLight in Frankfurt, so bearing in mind these guys were tied up with that, the laser was built very quickly. Yesterday Martin contacted me with tracking information and this morning the laser was in my hands... And WOW what a laser!!!!!

Ok, first thing I noticed was the subtle 'Fragile' label on the package... No courier could ever miss this one...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1461.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	6962

On opening the box, everything was well packed in foam, with polystyrene chips and bubble wrap around the components...

Name:	DSCN1462.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	6963

This picture speaks for itself really... The build quality is amazing, far surpassing any laser I have owned before... The laser head itself is solidly built and is a work of art, shame to put it in an enclosure really...

Name:	DSCN1463.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	6964

Here is a closeup of that sexy laser head...

Name:	DSCN1464.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	6965

Now I have to admit, this component was not included in the package, but to be honest it *IS* essential

Name:	DSCN1466.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	6966

Now the bit we are all interested in... Yes, it's that beautiful, bright and *very* tight red beam...
    Mwwwaaarrrrr!!!!!!

Name:	DSCN1467.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	6967

Name:	DSCN1469.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	6968

And finally, the spot... Exactly as you would expect from such a high quality product...

Name:	DSCN1470.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	6969

Currently I have no way of measuring it, but I am sure just by looking that this laser is well up to spec...

So, I would like to publicly commend and thank Martin and the team at Kvant for a first class product and superb customer service throughout the entire transaction... You *really* do get what you pay for with these guys... So thanks a million...

As soon as my second blue and new green arrive, I will start a new thread to show the build/upgrade of my RGB laser. At that point we can all enjoy pics of this baby in action...

Mark

By the way, the pictures really do not do this laser justice..

The beam is far more of a red colour than the photo's show... Just look at the colour of the walls around the spot...

Also the beam is far tighter than it looks, I think my camera was struggling to cope...

Mark

nice buy Mark!

so when do i get to see this laser then?!

you me and simon must be due for a mini meet somewhere?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hey hey....

Always love a mini meet

At the moment, not much to see... The RGB is no more than a shell at the moment, sold the red and green out of it and am awaiting delivery of my 600mw 532 and another 200mw of 473 to compliment this new baby and my existing blue...

Also have a 1watt 532 in the post, so all I have at the moment is a 1watt green projector and a pile of optics, scanners etc...

But once those components all arrive, it'll be a different story

Mark

im the same, the blue is out my rgb for repair and im having a case being built for my 1.4watt green.

but once your sorted, im sorted and simons beast is sort we can have a mini meet.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Very nice quality.

Congratulations Mark and Martin.

A couple of people have asked about the beam specs on this laser, so for those people and the rest of you who just love pretty pics, here is a pic of the red compared to a 1 watt green... Just so you can see how well the beam profiles match

When my new RGB is completed, I will be using 600mw of green so the brightness will also match, obviously the 1 watt green is too bright to mix with 600mw of the red...

Again, this photo doesn't do the laser real justice...

Cheers
    Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000227.JPG  

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Nice and tight !

Gawd bless Kvant.

Shhweeeet laser indeed!