Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: monkey tools

I doubt that somebody will remake Monkey tools. You know it's hard to understand your own sources after week or two. But in this case source code written by other programmer. It's much easier to write your own editor as I do.l

So, do you think this is something like Pangolin is working on? They said some time ago that Beyond would control laser beams in a new way. Any news on Pangolins offering after prolight + sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    Editing individual points in an ilda file will soon be outdated....
    I'm cleaning up the interface and adding one more feature to the SVG converter that will really make it smashing good !
    I'm talking Corel-draw style graphics editing with inkscape (free) and automatic expert point placement for very efficient (low point count) and high fidelity (excellent curve fitting) laser graphics. This will allow a high level of detail with higher frame rates thus less flickering. Sounds good?
    My new tool will be released in two weeks or so, free of charge
    I think this is the smartest approach to individual frame creation.
    I mean, why not use professional editors like inkscape, corel, adobe, etc. to create actual vector files. These user interfaces have been honed over time to accomplish this one specific purpose (creating vector images), so why not leverage that strength? That seems to be the spirit of DrLava's IldSos project and I think it is great. Once you have a frame that has been converted it is nice to bring it up in a point editor if it needs a small tweak or two, but as far as actual creation, why not use a professional interace & not recreate a perfectly good wheel?

-Mike

AGREED.. and true vector storage of art makes WAY more sense when it comes down to sharing the artists intentions.

we have actualy been discussing using an XML format for universal art storage.

http://akrobiz.com/laserboy/forum/in...pic,127.0.html

its not exactly the same discussion but the point (no pun intended ) is to get away from points and move on to real vector translation.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group