Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair fire at LASER ILLUSIONS

Talking Hair fire at LASER ILLUSIONS

Not sure how many Laser Illusions fans are out there..(Alphalite users) I am definately one!

If you havn't seen it already...

Rick Gebhardt (owner and operator of laser illusions) just posted the funniest video of himself accidentally setting fire to his hair with his big ass Tesla coil.

WWW.Laserillusions.COM

Rick is one of the nicest people I have ever com into contact with.... Just goes to show you he has a good sense of humor too.

Looks like he will soon be updateing with some new stuff... I know he was working on an analog controller.

Laser Guy

That is just way too funny

Bwahahaha! That's hilarious.. what a trick. Can't get away with it too much though hehe..

Thumbs up

Dammit... I hate amature camera operators. There HAD to be a minute or two more footage to be had... KEEP the camera ROLLING and ON THE action!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That is so excellent.

Ha! That is awesome, Rick is indeed a cool dude!

PMSL That's why (other than not doing this at all) you should always keep your hands above your head whilst doing this trick!

It has long been know that the high frequency skin effect does not apply at typical tesla coil frequencies (not to mention the other nodes carried on the wave), and though the frequency for exceeds the response of the human pain response range; fulguration of one's joints is sure to cause trouble in later life.

Funny video though
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    PMSL That's why (other than not doing this at all) you should always keep your hands above your head whilst doing this trick!

It has long been know that the high frequency skin effect does not apply at typical tesla coil frequencies (not to mention the other nodes carried on the wave), and though the frequency for exceeds the response of the human pain response range; fulguration of one's joints is sure to cause trouble in later life.

Funny video though
    whats this fulguration of the joints?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    whats this fulguration of the joints?

The destruction of living tisue by means of a high frequency alternating current. There has been much talk about this on hot streamer dot com.

Worse case scenario is a streamer leaves your body and connects with the tesla coil's primary coil, forming a plasma channel and discharging a 20Kv capacitor bank through your body.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Cool

Rick is indeed a hell of a nice guy. He got me started with closed loop scanners back in 2005. I keep hoping that one day he'll be able to make the trip to SELEM, but he *is* a long way away...

Too bad the camera stopped rolling right when his hair caught on fire. It would have been interesting to see how he got down from there without getting the shit shocked out of him!

I guess he's OK then? No burns or anything?

Adam