Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lasershowparts Scanpro 30 review

Quote Originally Posted by ledfreak3d View Post
    They are the 50k scanners we sell
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

±30°optical, is that 30° total or 30°+ and 30°- ?

Slower scanspeed (15-20K) with big scan angle (about 60° total) is still what I'm after..

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    ±30°optical, is that 30° total or 30°+ and 30°- ?

Slower scanspeed (15-20K) with big scan angle (about 60° total) is still what I'm after..
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly but still on the subject of scanners - Jeroen, I know you work with Hugo, how do you achieve the blade effect seen here (not a very good capture - Click to enlarge):

I've seen it in others videos so think it is a standard Pangolin effect but most users only seem to achieve it as a ripple through a solid fan projection whereas Hugo gets it as a distinct blade with no surrounding fan to spoil the effect.

Is this an ulatra high scan speed or is it actually a very slow scan speed and can it be achieved with ordinary scanners such as the Scan Pros?

To be honest, I have no idea how that is achieved. I'll ask Hugo. Almost has to be a camera illusion (light beams can't "bend"). Maybe I don't get what you mean (do you have a piece of video showing the effect?)

For sure it's not an "ultra high scanspeed", most of those beamshows run at 15-20K

You can see it in this "Tidy" video at Magna right from the beginning. I've also seen Hugo do it at Awakenings with OPSL yellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LCD...eature=related

The main difference between this and the home users I've seen do it in Pangolin, is in their videos its a continuous fan with a curved line where there's a break in the scan running through it - there's no real separation between the scans to make a proper blade effect as can be seen here. Its just a 1 line break through a continuous fan unlike the blade here.

Another example besides Awakenings and Tidy can be seen in some versions of Basshunters "Walk on Water" stage show video.

My set worked marvels too! I loved it! The mirrors work surprisingly well for 405nm.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

That picture would be purely camera effects. I have accidently discovered that in a beamshot I took a while back, but not really any way to achieve that effect enough to be noticeable in real life.

/offtopic

Those scanpro's look pretty nice

Only thing I would have to pick at is the distortion on "retardo", unless thats just your softwares frame optimization.

TBH Things I'm sceptical it is a camera effect. I've seen it from multiple shows with different cameras and with video, unlike stills, I'm struggling to think of a way the camera could create the illusion as all the vidoes are at full speed not slowed. Only way I think you could achieve seperation would be if the effect was scanned so fast the 30 fps of a video camera created gaps between frames. However, I've never seen this happen with any effect I've ever seen videod no matter how fast plus some of those blade effects eg. The ones at Tidy at Magna don't look that fast. You can see the crowd moving in real time but the blade is relatively slow.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You can see it in this "Tidy" video at Magna right from the beginning. I've also seen Hugo do it at Awakenings with OPSL yellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LCD...eature=related
    It's an artifact caused by the fact that the camera sensor reads out in a sequential order; the "shutter" on the pixels at the top "closes" significantly before the ones at the bottom (or vice-versa, depending on the camera).

It's the same effect that causes diagonally-tilted light poles when you shoot video sideways from a moving car.

Rolling shutter yeah but that's assuming they were shot on a CMOS camera and not a CCD. Pity no one has posted camera details so we could look up the type of sensor inside and thus know for definite if its a camera issue or if its really possible to project beams in that way.