Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yeah.. thats safe...

That show was pretty cool, you should book them for SELEM!
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Laser Warning

What on earth!!
    Its cool looking, but that cant be safe for them or the people watching it!!!!

djmatt

Those look like andy_con's laser gloves

Awesome show.

I'm not sure its unsafe though. Those beams look no worse than those used at Gatecrasher 1 in the UK before the fire and the UK is quite tightly regulated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgbk_...eature=related

In fact recently in 1 temporary venue they've been struggling to get licenses to have lasers at all and have been granted licenses for overhead only with no beams to go above or below the balcony!

I see the links in one of his posts links to high power pointers, thats certainly irresponsible s it may encourage others to use those. I somehow doubt he using high power himself though as that looks more like 5mw on his fingers than 95mw!!
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-04-2009 at 02:16.

OMG that club is the reason i want to visit the UK..
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Its perfectly safely done at that club. Ask Insanity, the UK is not lax with safety requirements.

I can't comment on the laser dance shows safety other than to say that it looks similar to the GC clubs levels but you can never tell from video. Certainly if he is using 95mw on his finger tips and not 5mw then I share your concerns.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-31-2013 at 22:37.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Awesome show.

I'm not sure its unsafe though. Those beams look no worse than those used at Gatecrasher 1 in the UK before the fire and the UK is quite tightly regulated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgbk_...eature=related

In fact recently in 1 temporary venue they've been struggling to get licenses to have lasers at all and have been granted licenses for overhead only with no beams to go above or below the balcony!

I see the links in one of his posts links to high power pointers, thats certainly irresponsible s it may encourage others to use those. I somehow doubt he using high power himself though as that looks more like 5mw on his fingers than 95mw!!
    Oh my eyes!!!!
    Again its cool looking, but I like my eyes unfried

djmatt