Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: RGY Projector 3.0...

Lightbulb

As always I am down to Beta test... Especially to make sure it works well with the 445...

LOL! Beta test?!? I'm talking about someone to work with on designing the thing and possibly having to completely take over the designing of it! You down for a challenge?

Well, I have a big breadboard and a digikey catalog. If you can supply me a rough schematic of what you already have, I'd be willing to give it a shot. Just being part of such a cool project would be fun.

Well, if you're down for it. We'll work it out.

Cool

I should point out that the 6 hours DZ and I spent playing with the color board was a learning process where we figured out what to look for when adjusting it. If you follow the tutorial I wrote, it won't take you that long.

Also, we spent a lot more than 6 hours on it, because the next day we totally screwed up the adjustments (intentionally) and then re-tuned the board, just to verify what we had learned. Then we tinkered with some other settings, just to see what we could eek out of it.

DZ is correct: a color board will not give you modulation performance equal to a PCAOM. But it will make it much better than you have now, and for nearly all the projectors out there, this will be good enough.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I should point out that the 6 hours DZ and I spent playing with the color board was a learning process where we figured out what to look for when adjusting it. If you follow the tutorial I wrote, it won't take you that long.

Also, we spent a lot more than 6 hours on it, because the next day we totally screwed up the adjustments (intentionally) and then re-tuned the board, just to verify what we had learned. Then we tinkered with some other settings, just to see what we could eek out of it.

DZ is correct: a color board will not give you modulation performance equal to a PCAOM. But it will make it much better than you have now, and for nearly all the projectors out there, this will be good enough.

Adam
    Sure, It's like tuning scanners, just three of them. Piece of cake! I read that it messes up raster but that's not a big deal. I'm going to install and tune the board this weekend. I'm sure everything will go smooth. I'll also make sure to post some before and after pics as well.

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Thumbs up

Hmm.
    Well its still got a sweet image.
    Now im not saying you have the same prob. i had with mine. But anytime i would run a raster on my laserworld,it would basicly for get about the colors and just try to do the raster. but it still looks good to me!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt