View Poll Results: Which version of Windows do you use?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows 10

13 86.67%
  • Windows 7

2 13.33%
  • Older

0 0%
  • None

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which version of Windows are you using?

Default Which version of Windows are you using?

I am wondering how many people are using older versions of Windows so I created this poll. Please take a few moments to vote. I'll post results once votes stop coming in.

Thank you!

... hmmm ... depending on the hardware, driver-limitations and such, I'm using XP, Win7 and Win10 ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

I made a vmware clone of an ancient laptop running xp. I run it as a vm in Ubuntu so I can still run a few of my favorite old Windows apps. I share a folder from the xp vm and mount it from Linux so I can move files back and forth. I use this vm to manage my LaserBoy code. I can compile it in xp so it works on 32 bit Windows. I can compile the same exact code in Linux from Ubuntu or for my Raspberry Pi or in 64 bit Windows on another laptop. I also use VNC so I can have the desktop of the Pi and the Windows 10 laptop on my Ubuntu machine and control everything with one keyboard, mouse and display. I have a 65 inch 4K monitor and I can actually run my xp vm at 4K.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

... my "problematic" hardware, which runs only on XP, are old industry-cameras out from 3D-dental-scanners, which are only supported with the XP-drivers (the vendor dropped further support in favour of "new" hardware) -- this drivers won't run from inside of a VM

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

I mainly use my Windows 10 desktop for gaming, programming and laser stuff. The RIYA Lite DAC works great on W10 (just need to disable windows signature enforcement) and all software I use works here, so no problem. Sometimes I do some iOS development, for this I use my Macbook Pro. I used to have a Manjaro dual booting on my desktop but managing 2 OS in a same computer bored me, so I got rid the Manjaro installation (very good Linux distro through).

I use 10 for everyday stuff, but I have an old clunker that boots in XP or ME for legacy purposes. I never use it on the net.

my spiricon M200 fire wire only likes xp and maybe 7 but nothing higher

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    I use 10 for everyday stuff, but I have an old clunker that boots in XP or ME for legacy purposes. I never use it on the net.

are you a gluten for punishment why would you even think of using ME

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    are you a gluten for punishment why would you even think of using ME
    ME had significantly faster video and HD response time on the same hardware, not to mention compatibility with all kinds of stuff from ye olde DOS era.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that ME was the last version of Windows before they came out with that godawful satanic activation horseradish!!!
    Last edited by dchammonds; 10-24-2020 at 23:36.

ME was the worst os ever i stayed with xp for years because me was terrible

it was basicaly a hack job to get a new os out to make $$$

2000 was great nt was good xp was awesome 98 well it was better then 95 lol