Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Petition for Censure of Keeperx

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I pity that poor horse....
    LOL!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I don't want to point fingers but I do want to say their is A LOT to be learned from our elders. (Not that you guys are a bunch of old fogies or anything... It's just a figure of speech. ) I feel very privileged to be on such a cool forum with so many knowledgeable members. I may have 20 years of (limited) laser experience under my belt but I know JACK SHITE compared to many of the members here. I feel very honored that these guys would even take the time to hang out with a bunch of newbies and provide any help at all. It's pretty cool knowing my boyhood hero's and people that wrote "Sams Laser FAQ" (my Laser Bible since the early 90's) hang out here and have become my internet friends. Seriously, this is probobly the coolest forum I've ever been part of!

Thanks Everyone!

Ass kissing mode TERMINATED....

Hot tar and feather mode ACTIVATED....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I pity that poor horse....

OPPPPPPSSSS

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

As the new boy and therefore obviously just an ignoramus (and by boy, I mean approching half a century on this little rock) here on this forum; something has become apparent over the last couple of weeks.

My first impressions were; wow this is the forum that I've been looking for i.e. full of great, acurate and helpful information (which it is). However; over the last couple of weeks it has become clear that this is the most cliquey, holier-than-thou, you are not worthy of the steam from my piss forum that I have ever seen.

Come on people, my understanding of the word "forum" is a welcoming public meeting place for open discussion and voicing of ideas, not a kangeroo court full of "I am cleverer than you, so f**k off or I will try to humiliate you" types.

This is 5th grade classroom behavior and there is no need for it. I'm not saying that a bit of playfull banter does any harm, but you guys that are obviously very knowledgeable, should be mentoring, not bullying people.

Just my, no doubt about to be riddiculed opinion, Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    the guys that are obviously very knowledgeable, should be mentoring, not bullying people.
    I agree with that, Ian. But that street goes both ways. When I approach one of the heavyweights here on the forum and ask for knowledge, I don't do it with a chip on my shoulder. I've learned that if you want to be mentored, you need to show respect. You need to listen. And above all, you don't need to spout off about what you already know. Mentors get tired of that real quick. This thread is the result.

Adam

[QUOTE=Doc;95520]As the new boy and therefore obviously just an ignoramus (and by boy, I mean approching half a century on this little rock) here on this forum; something has become apparent over the last couple of weeks.

Hi Doc, normally I would not "Call out" someone in public like this, but when a guy with less then 100 mW and 20 K scanners who has never aligned a cavity starts giving tech advice based on his ability to google old responses, I had to say something. His comments could lead somebody to make a multi kilodollar mistake. I in this thread am going after one of the guys who has turned this place into a kindergarten. Heck, I tried to prevent "clue by fouring" of the last two that needed to go.

His suggestions for evading the laws that keep us safe were the last straw for me.

Funny how he doesnt come here to defend himself, he is a troll and craves attention. At least the last two, perhaps insane as they were, at least defended themselves.

He openly admits his sole contribution to this forumn is to cause controversey, and we've lost the readership and participation of a lot of people because of it.

STEVE

Well put Doc

This thread has done way more harm than good

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I've learned that if you want to be mentored, you need to show respect. You need to listen. And above all, you don't need to spout off about what you already know.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding. Spot on.

It is hard to properly listen when ones mouth is going. It makes the other person wonder if they really wanted to know in the first place.

I feel if a person is looking to debate a point or stance, they better be armed with what it takes to do so AND be able to back it with good factual information. It is easy to debate opinions but very hard to debate facts.

Ok somebody start a poll,

Two choices

Steve Goes

or

Keeperx gets admonished.

Your call.
    PL as a group has 24 hours to make a decision.
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 05-09-2009 at 06:49.

Oh man Steve,,
    You stay ofcourse,,
    is there a way we could have a ignore feature where we could apply that?

If it is this bad maybe keeperx which has been annoying me also,,when i saw that list he made i about fell out of my chair,,would just un-register himself?

MY .02

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Ok somebody start a poll,

Two choices

Steve Goes

or

Keeperx gets admonished.

Your call.
    PL as a group has 24 hours to make a decision.
    Steve