Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Photonlexicon live controller

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

this may serve as some inspiration:

http://www.monolake.de/technology/monodeck_gallery.html
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

We have used Behringer BCS 2000's upto now, mainly because of the fact they have motorised faders, the faders be where there supposed to when adjustments are made in the software or workspaces etc are changed.

Just about to pick up a JL-Cooper MCS-3800 to use instead, a lot of people seem to use these with Pango along with the Performer for show use. Be interested to get some feedback from the MCS if anyone on here uses them?

In terms of features for a custom designed mini controller. I would say at least 8 Motorised faders if it were possible, along with some soft keys which could be mapped to any function, maybe a few rotary encoders and definitely a joystick.

I thought LivePro didn't output any slider values

It doesn't (although it would be good if it did) We use them with Showtacle Fiesta.Net as well which does output DMX values from sliders etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    I thought LivePro didn't output any slider values
    Just a quick note on this project, i had a chance to play with a novation MK2 at a local shop just recently (back in civilisation at last) and felt the pots to be a little tinny, i felt that the unit would not handle to much abuse.

I know we are talking tech gear here but the idea of a hardware interface is that it should be able to take a bit of a slap around. i like lighting controllers that have more of an insturment feel, so while not putting the novation product down i know putting higher quality pots will push your price up a little but i would sayh its worth the effort to spend an extra $45.00 on components and end up with a product that feels more solid (at the risk of pushing up the RRP)
    Last edited by zerowaitstate; 02-05-2010 at 11:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Laser View Post
    Just about to pick up a JL-Cooper MCS-3800 to use instead, a lot of people seem to use these with Pango along with the Performer for show use. Be interested to get some feedback from the MCS if anyone on here uses them?
    Alex,

I picked up an MCS-3800 a few months back and think it is a great product. The only problem I have is that the unit I have has seen some hard use (abuse) during it's lifetime. I have had to change the rotary encoder board already and upgraded the firmware as long as I was ordering the parts from JL Cooper. I now need to replace one of the faders that is flaky, I'm guessing someone gave this one a drink at some point.

Jim