I need the info. of what it corrects.
RGB voltages? in particular.
Diff. board arrived! Thank you uncleworm!
I need the info. of what it corrects.
RGB voltages? in particular.
Diff. board arrived! Thank you uncleworm!
Good to hear you received the differential board!
It makes the single ended output of the XY signals of the FB3 differential.
The RGB output is not modified by this board (also not needed).
OK,
Hmm are the voltages for RGB 0-5 volts on the FB3?
it looks like i am not getting full modulation to the inputs of the lasers
all colors are at 100%
The FB3 does output 5V on the color channels. In my experience, problems related to this is due to a poorly designed laser driver.
What are you measuring the voltage with? You need to use an oscilloscope, because the FB3 drops all color channels to 0V between frames for a short while. However, because the duty cycle is never 100% with the FB3, you will not get full power from your lasers, even with no blanked points.
If you are using a scope to measure and still find that the voltage is low, try disconnecting the laser driver. If the impedance of the driver is low that will cause some voltage drop as well.
Say, what do these boards cost? I may need to pick one up.
They are free if you ask for them at the time of order, but I am not sure how much they are if you buy them separately.