Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this any good?

Its 1/2 the price of a FB3. Just buy one of those it will be cheaper in the long run.

Riya's ok but what software you going to then run. Freeware? Spagetti?

Nothing wrong with those of course but I doubt either of them would be better than the ishow, albeit that's not great either.

You could of course go Mamba as I think that runs on Riya doesn't it (????) but by the time you've bought Mamba your back into FB3 territory.

BTW if you visit the Riya web page (I just did) the software link contains a virus script according to kaspersky.

Riya's ok but what software you going to then run. Freeware? Spagetti?

Look please www.laserdesignstudio.de
    Here is demo version

BTW if you visit the Riya web page (I just did) the software link contains a virus script according to kaspersky.

UPS!!!
    Thank you for message!
    I will block web-site and will check now!

whatever software you get... do NOT get laserworld showeditor 2009. ive got a decent spec'd computer and the program just crashes ALL the time, with badly translated german error messages. im sure steve miliani will back me up on this as he's got the software too.

showeditor 2009 is apparently a 'converted' version of HE_Laserscan, hence why it randomly crashes all the time!
    I had a go at creating a show yesterday as a bit of 'relaxation' after a day in the library... i ended up nearly blowing a blood vessel

Thats my 2 cents.... or 1.3 pennies at the current exchange rate.

Tom

to White-Light (and for all):
    on our web-site was not our Active-X component on some htm files.

I deleted it, and web-site is safe now

Thank you very much for your message!!!

Ihor

Quote Originally Posted by riyalasers View Post
    Look please www.laserdesignstudio.de
    Here is demo version
    Looks very nice but the point I was making with Mamba was its working out around the same as a fb3 plus software but the Riya DAC PC card is listed as ttl.

With LDS @349 Euros for the software (basic edition) and ??? Euros for the control card which is TTL only, the costing is going to work out roughly the same as the flashback 3 plus software which is analogue.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your DAC product, I'm sure its excellent, only that it I'm not sure its the best buy in the market for the money unless you go down to free or shareware software level.

to White-Light (and for all):
    on our web-site was not our Active-X component on some htm files.

I deleted it, and web-site is safe now

Thank you very much for your message!!!

Ihor
    Hi Ihor,

I didn't expect it was your doing at all. Script kiddies are always leaving nasties on legitimate sites everywhere, I just pointed the script's presence out in case anyone clicked on the link without anti virus that could detect it. Good to hear its gone.

to white-light:
    With LDS @349 Euros for the software (basic edition) and ??? Euros for the control card which is TTL only

Sorry, my English is very bad
    Expline please in other words...

Next:
    I didn't expect it was your doing at all. Script kiddies are always leaving nasties on legitimate sites everywhere, I just pointed the script's presence out in case anyone clicked on the link without anti virus that could detect it. Good to hear its gone.

I'm not programmer...
    After your message I visited to my web-site, and Internet explorer looked here some Active-X components,...
    I opened all htm files in usualy text editor and looked here some block of text, which looked not as htm text. I think it vas setted on my provider server.
    I easy deleted these blocks from files

to white-light:
    Sorry, my English is very bad
    Expline please in other words...
    Laser Design Studio Basic cost 340 Euros.

RIYA DAC cost ??? Euro (TTL control)

is in Pangolin Flashback 3 territory price wise which offers analogue control so I just question personally if this offers the better value for money than the Pangolin at the similar price.

Just my opinion for the OP.