Thread: Is this any good?

What means "TTL control"?

LDS support all type of RIYA controllers:
    - USB;
    - 3_in_1 (USB/PCI/Ethernet)
    - Multibus Micro/Basic/Pro

All these controllers have:
    - 12-bit X&Y DACs;
    - and 8-bit color/Intens channels (8 channels in 3_in_1 controllers and four in Multibus)...

About TTL outputs:
    - 16 TTL in and 16 TTL out in 3_in_1 controllers;
    - 8 TTL out in Multibus Basic and Pro versions (only we have not external connectors for TTL lines on these models; they are on internal PC board connector)

Default laserworld

Quote Originally Posted by T0mmm View Post
    whatever software you get... do NOT get laserworld showeditor 2009. ive got a decent spec'd computer and the program just crashes ALL the time, with badly translated german error messages. im sure steve miliani will back me up on this as he's got the software too.

showeditor 2009 is apparently a 'converted' version of HE_Laserscan, hence why it randomly crashes all the time!
    I had a go at creating a show yesterday as a bit of 'relaxation' after a day in the library... i ended up nearly blowing a blood vessel

Thats my 2 cents.... or 1.3 pennies at the current exchange rate.

Tom
    Does this opinion still stand or has anyone anything good to say about the 20O9 showeditor
    Need to buy soon
    Thanks
    Rusty

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Would anyone care to make a good list (that adds to Steve's list) of why it is no good to buy? That way we can have a list to compare when others like it come out.
    That would be very helpful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Laser Design Studio Basic cost 340 Euros.

RIYA DAC cost ??? Euro (TTL control)

is in Pangolin Flashback 3 territory price wise which offers analogue control so I just question personally if this offers the better value for money than the Pangolin at the similar price.

Just my opinion for the OP.
    Just saw this, and it's worth a correction. The RIYA is analog control of the lasers, the 'TTL control' is a separate feature for lights, projector bounce mirror mechanisms, gratings, and other goodies beyond analog laser control.

Rusty, download the free HE-Laserscan and work with it and see if you like it. If so, then the Laserworld Show Editor will be fine for you.
    I suggest giving the demo of LaserDesignStudio a try. IMO it's easier to work with and quite a bit more advanced. It also works with Easylase, Riya, EzAudDac, Netlase dacs.

Default I have the iShow software... :P

I'm kinda new to the game and just bought the iShow from the same dealer as my laser. I have a 500mw RGY Ilda laser that came with 20k galvos. Changed em out to 40k. Works good and all. BUT ... When I play animations etc. there is sort of stripes flying back and forth between the lines. Is this because I don't have blanking?

On the driverboard it has a pinplug saying "blanking" think I can install a blankingdevice in this laser? And if so. Where do I get one?

Can you post pictures of the images with the stripes? They may be blanking tails or something.

The blanking is a function of the laser driver itself (in the case of diode and diode based lasers such as DPSS lasers). You can probably tell fairly quickly by looking at the ILDA connector (25 pin DSub) at pins 3, 5, 6, and 7. Pin 3 is for intensity. Very likely you will want to look at Pin 5 (RED) and Pin 6 (Green) to see if those are hooked up to your laser driver boards. If they are then there is something else going on. If they aren't then your projector isn't wired for blanking.

Please post pictures!