Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: Epic CVL Projector Build Thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Default

    Get off that train... You're really in trouble now. That does it...

    You're grounded!


    What, too literal?

    Adam

  2. #52
    soforene's Avatar
    soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,941

    Default

    I guess he won't be doing that again.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,147,489,631

    Default

    Actually, I don't think he'll be doing ANYTHING ever again... Stick a fork in him. He's done.

    Adam

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    Pretty gruesome!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southport, UK
    Posts
    2,746

    Default

    Even if the elctrons don't get you the blast will

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH1_gjPTMIg&feature=related
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

    Doc's website

    The Health and Safety Act 1971

    Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.





  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Reincarnate the thread!

    So anyway, it's been a while. I've decided to order the cavity optics for this today. I'm getting the plane-plane optics for a 40mm beam, for now, just to get it up and running. (Hopefully at NWLEM.)

    All I need now is some Neon, which I'm told I can purchase in small quantities in disposable cylinders. Updates ensuing.

    - Jonathan

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    7,067

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    So anyway, it's been a while. I've decided to order the cavity optics for this today. I'm getting the plane-plane optics for a 40mm beam, for now, just to get it up and running. (Hopefully at NWLEM.)

    All I need now is some Neon, which I'm told I can purchase in small quantities in disposable cylinders. Updates ensuing.

    - Jonathan
    Bout damn time...

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI.
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    So anyway, it's been a while. I've decided to order the cavity optics for this today.

    LIES!!!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    So anyway, it's been a while. I've decided to order the cavity optics for this today.disposable cylinders. Updates ensuing.

    - Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan

    lookin at google for news about Oxford ACL, i found this page.

    Does you have received the necessary parts and the laser is working?

    A short information from my side. I'm in Switzerland and work with lasers since the mid 80's. In 2001, i bought a old CU25 from a Germany university with near 10'000 hours of use on it. After a complete service the laser worked perfect. You can see here some pictures of it Oxford CU25 Laser.

    In 2003 i bought in Toronto 2 pieces ACL45 from a bankruptcy. After receiving the lasers and one optical bench who was included in the sale, i have realized as it was the original systems from the Floyd Pulse tour. Inside of one of the flight cases where left some "Rocklight" catalogues.

    But the bad thing on this sale was, as the lasers are stored in a not heated environment during the last winter, and the water inside the system got frozen and expanded and cracked both tubes. The price for two new Oxford tubes where beyond my capabilities. But i still had the CU25 so i repaired the Floyd optical bench and used this bundle together for some shows.

    Only one month ago, i sold my CU25 because i have planned to repair the two ACL lasers and to build up a second optical bench during this year.


    In case you need some informations about the ACL45, i have near anything like full scematics and so on. When you need some infos then ask me for.
    Does you still need the optics?

    It's cool to find some one other with a ACL45 :-)


    Andi

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Small world!

    I still have my ACL45. I'm actually in the process of making another push to get it running. I still need an output coupler and a few other components related to the projector I'm working on, but it's close. I was previously going to order some plain-plain optics, but decided a 4cm beam was just a bit large and decided to hold out for a proper "unstable" output coupler.

    While it's neat having the same model Pink Floyd used, having the actual two lasers that were on the tour is plain awesome! Good find on that one! I'm told you can have new tubes made for these for relatively cheap- let's say, relative to the cost of a new thyratron, anyway. Do you know of a place that does this? If not, I know a guy that knows a guy.

    I'll PM you my email address in regards to the schematics/documentation.


    - Jonathan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •