Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official® Lumina Comparison Thread

Hmm, did I mis-read something? I wasn't trying to compete with you mophead, I read this, "If you sell lumina wheels, write them up here." and thought I would add that I will soon be selling lumia effects. If my posting in this thread was inappropriate, then I apologize and will gladly remove the post.

Default It was Stuka and myself

DZ,
    It was Stuka and I who made a comment about if he was going to sell them I think. I'm impressed with both of you guys. As I stated earlier for someone like me who has a laser guy in the family, something like this would make a great gift........Cat

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hmm, did I mis-read something? I wasn't trying to compete with you mophead, I read this, "If you sell lumina wheels, write them up here." and thought I would add that I will soon be selling lumia effects. If my posting in this thread was inappropriate, then I apologize and will gladly remove the post.

That's me - guilty of stirrin' it up!!

I would be a willing customer for anyone who has the interest and, most importantly, TIME to put these kits together and keep it a worthwhile effort for themselves, as well!
    After all, for most of us this is just a (fund-sucking money pit) hobby that takes a LOT of time, and other things come first!

Like, finishing the projectors that sort-of started almost 2 years ago, but keep getting side-tracked by new ideas and improvements...

Oh wait - that's MY projector...

Guess I better get it "functionally" finished before I worry too much about adding the "bling" -

Although I will still be interested in acquiring the kits from whoever might decide to sell them!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Nice glass comparo!
    For a motor-
    I am using one of these in my box:
    https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009053122474910&item=10-958-A&catname=electric
    They are 3/4 rpm, very quiet, and cost a whopping $1.89 each.

I bought a diamond hole cutting bit at a glass supply shop, and it made cutting holes really easy. I build a small circle "dam" out of silly putty and fill with a teaspoon of water, then drill the hole using a small drill press (don't forget your goggles).

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    No need to remove anything. That is what I said, "if you sell lumina wheels, list it here". That is why i added your info to the first post.

I started this thread to compare some glass samples I have along with other things that are out there. Some folks expressed interest in some kits and i was just going with it. I had no idea you were planning something. We are not competition, well, as long as you aren't selling Michelin tires.

I'll be more than happy to put together some motor kits if people want it. I'll be more than happy to get some glass to go along with said kits if folks want, but i wasn't trying to take Anything away from you. You have always been good to me.

These might be good for lumia wheels... :

http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/m2001p.html

Cheap too!

Default Best motor for lumia IMHO

is here:

http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index...OD&ProdID=1692

Dirt cheap, easily speed controllable, marvelous beyond compute.

My first post here. I'm a noob and writing an article for Make magazine about the lumia devices I've been working on.

...Mike

Mike Gould
    MondoDyne.com

Quote Originally Posted by mgould View Post
    My first post here. I'm a noob and writing an article for Make magazine about the lumia devices I've been working on.

Cool. Welcome.

I've had a subscription to Make since the beginning.

I'm about to update the first post to add a bunch more video. Check it in 20-30 mins.....

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Here's a first generation Lumina from 1990:

Now Compare that to a 2001 SS:

/obligatory

*Very* similar to our Monaro

Last edited by Doc; 06-05-2009 at 09:32.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Added 6 more vids to the first post.