Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM ver 7! June 27, 2009 in Tavares, FL. (We're hopelessly addicted, aren't we?)

Exclamation FLEM ver 7! June 27, 2009 in Tavares, FL. (We're hopelessly addicted, aren't we?)

I think we're certifiably crazy, but the third FLEM of 2009 is now set for Saturday, June 27th, 2009. Same location as before - the Triangle Boat Club meeting hall, just off hwy 441 in Tavares, FL, on the north east corner of the dead river bridge.

I'll probably be there at around 9 AM, but we can start whenever you guys want. Also, we can get into the venue the night before to load in all the equipment if we want. (And as always, after we go out for dinner, we can swing by the venue for a little "pre-FLEM" laser fun - not to mention a couple of drinks too..)

Here's what the guest list looks like so far:

AllThatWhichIs
    Astroguy (maybe)
    Buffo
    Cat (maybe)
    Clandestiny
    Djmatt (maybe)
    Daedal
    DZ
    LaserJock
    ljk (maybe)

So if you want to see some great laser shows, meet some really great people, and get some hands-on experience with some very cool equipment (both home made and commercial gear), then plan on making a road trip to Tavares for the last week in June. (There is a nice hotel - a Holiday Inn Express - just across the bridge from the venue if you'd like to stay the night.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 06-01-2009 at 03:57. Reason: updated guest list

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Godamnit Boy.
    Y'all obsessed !!

I'll be there.

..in spirit.

-Johnathan

Honestly speaking... I will definitely have this down to a science by the time SELEM comes around... This is the third LEM this year! LOL!!

Okay... Adam, where'd you but the big crates from? I like how you keep all LEM-related materials in there... About time I started learning from the man himself

Don't forget me next week too

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Thumbs up FLEM ver. 7 is *ON*

We are indeed obsessed, Richard! No doubt about it...

Mo - I bought most of them at Walmart. Get several different sizes, and then label the lids so you know what you put in each one. Helps a lot, though you'll still end up re-packing them when you get back home. I'll give you a ring later and we'll chat...

Johnathan, sorry you can't make it dude - but yeah, it's a long haul from coast to coast, so I don't think anyone will begrudge you if you save that trip for SELEM! Then again, you guys have had your first PaCoLEAM already. No reason why you can't have another one, right?

So, who else is ready to make the trip to Tavares on June 27th? ljK - how about you? And what about Norman? He made it to FLEM ver 5, so he already knows where the venue is... Hey - how about WolfBlue?

Come on, people... Who's up for this?

Adam

Thanx a bunch Adam. I'll be headed that way here shortly then

On the note of invitations... I knew we should have taken pictures of the alcohol...

Maybe we can bring a grill out this time and have a true Floridian meet! LOL!!

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

You do know that's the day of the UKLM4.5? We booked it first!!
    But if you do still decide to have FLEM7, then perhaps we should try and hook up the worlds first multi-continent, multi-projector laser show?
    (I reckon there is a Guinness world record for that somewhere!?)

Dan

Smile

Sorry Dan - I didn't mean to steal your thunder there in the UK... As you can see, this one sort of came together rather quickly!

Will you guys be broadcasting live from your event? I'm pretty sure that we will be. (Aaron usually handles that for us...)

Adam

I don't know if me wee 3G modem will handle a live stream.
    But I'll be sure to upload a plethora of pics over the whole weekend to keep you drooling!

Lightbulb

All I use are 3G cards. Had two going last time and the service isn't that great.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin