Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Devil's comming down to Georgia...

Default The Devil's comming down to Georgia...

No, I won't be stealing any souls (Just setting up another copier shop.) Don't have a fiddle but I do have a projector! Anyone near the Fort Oglethorp area looking for a little light show duel? I'll be down there in about a month and be staying for about a week or two. Here's a map showing where I will be. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...image&resnum=1

If you are local, let me know and we'll have a mini-LEM.

Looks like Randy is about 60 miles away. Not too bad, I'll have a rental car.

I am about 105 miles almost due north.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

STONE MOUNTAIN Laser Show....

Keep in mind the second KKK (1915) was founded on top of the mountain, but take the time to see the Laser show, and ride a Duck.

At the end of the show, Lee dismounts, looks at the wounded soldiers from both sides, breaks his sword over his knee in disgust.....

That is not the way it happened, but other then that little bit of political theatre, its a good show.

Its the South's version of Mt Rushmore, with a little bit of theme park but no rides. Don't buy the marketing hype, Rushmore is far bigger and 3D.
    But done by the same sculpter.

Take a blanket, the seating is a sloped grassy knoll....

Get as close to the booth as you can, but sit away from it (30-40 feet) East along the fence. you'll see why when the show runs. For a good part of the show you'll be looking over your shoulder. Hint, the show is not from the antibellum building at the top of the hill, but things do happen there. Any more details would be a spoiler.

Staff was friendly, possible tour, take pics please...

The laser booth rises out of the ground on hydraulics, or it did at one time.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-01-2009 at 06:17.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Cool!

Let us know your schedule when it gets a bit closer -
    IF I'm around (which is a bit unpredictable these days!!), I could probably manage a short roadtrip!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm a little over an hour, straight south. (So is Admin.)

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    I am about 105 miles almost due north.
    Sweet! Not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    STONE MOUNTAIN Laser Show....

Keep in mind the second KKK (1915) was founded on top of the mountain, but take the time to see the Laser show, and ride a Duck.

At the end of the show, Lee dismounts, looks at the wounded soldiers from both sides, breaks his sword over his knee in disgust.....

That is not the way it happened, but other then that little bit of political theatre, its a good show.

Its the South's version of Mt Rushmore, with a little bit of theme park but no rides. Don't buy the marketing hype, Rushmore is far bigger and 3D.
    But done by the same sculpter.

Take a blanket, the seating is a sloped grassy knoll....

Get as close to the booth as you can, but sit away from it (30-40 feet) East along the fence. you'll see why when the show runs. For a good part of the show you'll be looking over your shoulder. Hint, the show is not from the antibellum building at the top of the hill, but things do happen there. Any more details would be a spoiler.

Staff was friendly, possible tour, take pics please...

The laser booth rises out of the ground on hydraulics, or it did at one time.

Steve
    WOW! Thanks for the suggestion Steve! I'm definitely going to hit Stone Mountain while I'm there. I'll be sure to get video, pics and maybe some behind the scenes chat with the laserists. Anyone interested in meeting up in Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Cool!

Let us know your schedule when it gets a bit closer -
    IF I'm around (which is a bit unpredictable these days!!), I could probably manage a short roadtrip!
    Will do Randy. I should have a better idea what my schedule will be in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    I'm a little over an hour, straight south. (So is Admin.)

Tim
    Sweet! We have 2 members north and 2 members south. We may need to converge on a point that is a fair distance for all of us if you guys are interested in doing a REAL LEM. Anyway, something to think about.

Thanks Guys!
    Adam

Smile

Depending on the timing, I might be able to make a road trip to Atlanta to meet you guys at Stone Mountain to see the laser show... I guess we're looking at roughly the 4th of July time-frame here? Let me know as we get closer and I'll see if I can make it. (Would probably have to make it a weekend trip, as it's every bit of 5 hours one way for me...)

Adam

In other news, I'm subscribed to 666 threads at the moment.

Cool

Why bother to subscribe to threads? Just read all new threads every time you log in and you'll never miss anything.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Why bother to subscribe to threads? Just read all new threads every time you log in and you'll never miss anything.

Adam
    That explains something about your post-count.

-Jonathan