Page 13 of 186 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your interesting eBay finds...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    250mW Blurays including collimating optics (not sure on the module type), $60 incl. shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170401861925

People should be aware that this seller is not very reliable in my experience. These modules are very likely based on the SF-AW210 sled diode, which is nowhere near capable of providing 250mW reliably.

Of course, I haven't bought this module specifically, but the other modules I purchased from bandtled all died in very short order when following the seller's guidelines for current.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Pair of Coherent Medical I-90's with PSU's for $600 total... Located in California. If anyone is thinking about bidding, I'd suggest heading over there with an oudin coil to test the tubes first. But if they're in good shape, $300 bucks a piece for a PSU and tube that will probably do 4 to 5 watts (all lines) is a pretty good deal. Of course, you need 3 phase power and water cooling for these.

I recently tested a couple of these units down in Florida, along with a bunch of other stuff. (And yeah, we ended up buying all of it. Only one tube out of 7 was bad.) It's really hard to see the glow on these tubes, and you need to disconnect the tube from the PSU before you zap it or you won't see anything. Just remove the cathode wires and zap it on one of the cathode leads. Look down the bore and you'll see the glow if it's good. (It's very hard to see it through the sides of the brewster stems, because they are made of quartz and are frosty, not clear.)

Adam
    did you buy those argons lasers at astro too? I almost bought one but I have no access to three phase

Smile

Frank;

Yeah, I got an I-60 and an I-90. We took everything they had at Astro, though, and spread it out among several buyers. I ended up being the gopher. (Mo helped me load up.) One of the four I-60's they had turned out to have a bad tube. Everything else was good, including the I-90 Krypton tube.

Supposedly Space Coast Lasers has a lot more surplus gear that they want to get rid of. Check with Mo (Daedal) if you're interested; he's got more details. BTW, the I-60 units can be modified to run single phase. (In fact, two of the ones we bought were already set up for 220V single phase operation.)

Adam

unfortunately i rent a room at the moment and dont think i could hide a giant gas laser in here

that being said I LOVE astro too... i make a pilgrimage up there like twice a year to buy random stainless hardware/caps/connectors/power supplies and such...

the old guy is really nice and always quotes me stupidly cheap prices... just dont use naughty words or the price goes up (dead serious) lol

glad to know they went to fellow PL members

Hi,

just a question; Where does all the Coherent FAP laser modules on ebay come from? It seems that they are of endless supply but still quite expensive...I would like to get one 25-40W for my CNC machine, what price is a good price?
    They need a pretty hefty driver though, thats the second problem...

"Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

WOW! That listing was bound to never be found!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Good find, but $364.17 freight to Cali even with a loading dock. If I had access to 3 phase 480V power, I might be tempted anyway...

Hopefully the tube is okay!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Especially after being shipped by someone who's other auctions seem to be all rusty old tractor parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Hopefully the tube is okay!