Page 183 of 186 FirstFirst ... 173179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1855

Thread: Post your interesting eBay finds...

A couple of Laserscope KTPs here
    These are located about 4 miles from me so I can help out with viewing / picking up if anyone is interested.

<plug>
    I still have some of the boards I developed that plug into the PV and give you complete control over lamp current, q-switch rate and even pulse duration. If the PV passes it's self-test, it's safe to assume it's working and quick and easy to drop my board in, wire up the external UI (box with LCD and buttons) and run the laser w/o a smart card. I also have a bunch of the smart cards if you want to experiment with the unit in unmodified form.
    </plug>

I think this looks pretty good, right?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kvant-Las...B/223101129812

They also have other bundle of lasers that just needs alignment, mostly.
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232996211...m=232996211243
    ALC909 and looks to very clean, the optical bench is still attached and it looks like there's an AOM lurking in there. Fairly priced, not going to buy it due to shipping to the UK from the US.

Damn - that is tempting... The laser itself looks to be in great shape. If I remember correctly, the 909 is the same as an HGM-8 medical unit. So figure 6 watts or so, all lines.

I'm sure this originally had a closed-loop chiller system attached, but you should be able to run it with once-through open loop cooling (just hook it up to a faucet and let it flush). If only it wasn't on the other side of the country from me! (Colorado is a bit too far to drive...)

Adam

Looks like an ALC909Z. Mine does around a watt on a SMPS.

Only 1 watt? Hmmm. I would have expected a lot more out of that tube. How's the pressure on your unit? Is it end-of-life?

I was sure that the 909 tubes were the same ones used in the HGM-8s, and those should be good for 5 to 6 watts, unless I'm mis-remembering things. (We need Steve Roberts in here!)

Adam

Adam,

The head is pretty small. The entire resonator assembly is only about two feet or so (minus the extended rods). Runs off a single phase ZPS switching PSU. Linear polarized output. The tubes are about the same size as, say, a Lexel 75, or thereabouts. My understanding is that the 909Z is a shortened version of the 909.

I thought a watt or a little north was doing pretty good on a tube that size, with a single phase PSU. But then again, ALC's are not my usual thing, so maybe I'm way off base.

I pulled mine out of storage last night. Will get it set up and measure the power output, as well as tube voltage and current. The last time I ran it, I didn't have a legit LPM. I do now, so I'm curious what it's actual output is.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Last edited by bradstockdale; 11-14-2018 at 00:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    The tubes are about the same size as, say, a Lexel 75, or thereabouts. My understanding is that the 909Z is a shortened version of the 909.
    OK, that makes sense. I didn't realize that the "Z" version might be significantly shortened. 1 watt definitely seems reasonable for something as small as a Lexel 75 though. (And that also makes me far less interested in the laser on E-bay...)

Adam