Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: News from Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Mille said

I personaly think that Quickshow is many times better than LivePro

WHY .... because im Lazy... and also because its AWSOME

Bill summed it up yesterday by stating that livepro is like the Space Shuttle there are control panels, buttons switches everywhere ... and sometimes to achieve a simple operation you need to go through about 20 mouse clicks .... its a long winded aproach ... but because the livepro software was developed and added to over a period of years .... it consists of lots of bolt on goodies that take time to achieve

Quick show allows you to achieve most of the function in an instant .... it also allows you to output cues and watch on one prievew window whilst designing and editing and displaying on another preview window then in an instant sending both to the laser output and route to different projectors or multiple projectors instantly ( just by dragging the cue to the projector )

basicaly its what it says on the tin .... its quick .... but does not lack the features of live pro ..... infact it has a lot more

the downside ( well for me ) is that at the moment it is only available to FB3 owners at the moment ( for free )

the upside is that it will be available for QM2000 owners soon

it really needs the videos to show its full potential Bill ( my words are not enough )

in the words of SPINAL TAP ..... most lasers use a 0 to 10V signal ... but with this software you can turn it up to 11

maybe Kevin can add to my comments

all the best ... Karl
    So having FB3 is not worth to upgrade to LivePro, cause a FREE software is gonna come out...
    The difference in money is noticeable: that money can be invested to buy other stuff like another board or a laser module etc etc.

I was going to upgrade to LivePro but i already changed my idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

The price? ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! If you already have a FB3, you will be able to download this software from our web site, along with the workspace (which, once loaded into the computer's memory, is more than 1GB!).
    Alright.. that sounds fantastic!!

so.. where's the download link??

Best,
    - Jeroen
    Last edited by SideFX; 06-09-2009 at 04:45.

Wow. Kick ass . Thanks Bill.

When I first started this hobby several months ago, everyone kept suggesting Pangolin. I continue to see why. I was looking for something cheap; Pangolin is not cheap but by far the best value.

Bill, nevermind our conversation about trading in my FB3. Believe I'll hang on to it awhile in addition to LD2000 in a few months.

Thanks again.

Bill,

Thanks or the great work I am looking forward to seeing it all up and running on my LD2000 system. Thanks may times for all the great help and updates that you provide for us.

Thanks

LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi guys,

There are a number of changes, but the most siginificant new features of LD2000 version 5.0 are updated media player, and a link to Light Converse.
    I'm in no position to explain this to anyone, but a quick google brought up this which is interesting:

http://lightconverse.net/

As the Pangolin logo is there, I think we can be pretty sure this is the programme Bill meant. Looks like it needs a pretty hot pc though - Athlon X2 or Intel C2D and Shader Model 2.0 GC minimum.

Are you able to tell us anything more about Beyond, Bill?

the one thing i will say is that the "120" shows is a bit misleading what you are getting is "120" song/ modules
    as a good example if i was to go to first light or LFI or any other content house and buy a "show" i would get an entire album or a group of songs from similar artist that would run about 45min

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Question

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    the one thing i will say is that the "120" shows is a bit misleading what you are getting is "120" song/ modules
    That sounds like nit-picking, John. I think everyone understands that a "show" is 1 song long in this case. (With the exception of the Money&Us show, which is 2 songs long.)

I mean, when Mamba Black announced that they were including 30 shows with their ver 2.0 software, you didn't correct them by saying that it was only 30 "songs" did you.?. So what is the difference here?

Adam

Mr AIWAZ said

if i was to go to first light or LFI or any other content house and buy a "show" i would get an entire album or a group of songs from similar artist that would run about 45min
    i think the Clue is in the words BUY A SHOW

all the shows Provided with the QM2000 have an agreement with thier creators to be used in a commercial enviroment and are efectivly free

Also ( hopefully Bill wont mind me posting this here ) Yesterday During the Pangolin users meeting ( that was free of charge to attend by the way )

I learnt about a new Portal that Pangolin are setting up that users can upload and download shows for free ...

how many more free shows would you like

all the best ..... Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 06-09-2009 at 10:59. Reason: really crap spelling and unauthorised link

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Oooohhh. The cat's out of the bag now.

oh my im all giddy now!
    -Josh