Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beta: Blender3D renderer for ILD SÔS

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I believe you can only create Blender plugins with python (though not completely sure).
    Blender now works with Python 3 which is completely different from Python 2. This plugin is in Pyton 2 so it has to be completely rewritten...
    Dont expect somebody to do it though.
    Maybe its in demand for all us guys here, but other then that it isn't really in demand enough for a programmer to say yes i'll do it.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Blegh, time to watch some more python tutorials...

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I believe you can only create Blender plugins with python (though not completely sure).
    Blender now works with Python 3 which is completely different from Python 2. This plugin is in Pyton 2 so it has to be completely rewritten...
    Not completely rewritten. There are tools (http://docs.python.org/library/2to3.html) that'll do most of the work in converting a Python 2 module to Python 3; some manual effort is still involved, but it's far from a complete rewrite.

from my experience python is quite slow when working with files, compared to let's say powershell, but maybe this is a different use (i was computing hashes)

Yes the blender plugin is outdated, as newer Blender versions use a completely different API and plugin structure. But I'm currently working on a different approach which works a lot faster.
    It doesn't make sense just to port the old version, as the python code is just too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by TL View Post
    Yes the blender plugin is outdated, as newer Blender versions use a completely different API and plugin structure. But I'm currently working on a different approach which works a lot faster.
    It doesn't make sense just to port the old version, as the python code is just too slow.
    So your starting a blender renderer from scratch?
    I say good luck, it's going to be tough, there are much more reasons why this hasn't been created. It's extremely difficult.