Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM 5.5 Surfleet 2 Day event - 5-6th of December 09

Sad to hear that Chris, I was counting on you scoffing all the Mince pies

-----

Anyhow - Got a slight problem here too......

My Partner Dawn, who is Due a little one in January went into Hospital today for other problems indirectly related to the pregnancy. She is staying in tonight and I am currently home alone with my little daughter. This makes me not so free as first thought for tomorrow but what I will do is to ask that whoever is turning up at the hall earliest tomorrow, to give me a bell 07751222746 and I will come and open up for you all to make a start. I am hoping to be there ASAP but obviously family comes first.

My parents come back off of Holiday early tomorrow and I am hoping they can help out a little with regards to my missus & daughter

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hello All.

I am kevski's lad.

I am bringing my laptop with lots of music, a mixer and a CD turntable, I have lots of music and am happy to play for as long as needs be. I will have a spare channel on my mixer to plug one or two other laptops in from time to time.

If you have any good music on CD, bring it along and I can mix it in. It will be a good experience to mix lots of different styles of music and try out some of my controllers.

Ciao.
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

You sound a busy man Mr. Smog

I'm probably gonna aim to arrive for about 2:30-3:00 if all goes well.
    So you get done what ya need to, as family comes first 'n that.
    Lemme know if I can help out with 'owt

All the best,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

O.K. Guys... Really sorry, and I didn't want to have to say this, but i'm afraid I won't be able to make it this weekend.

Most of you know i've been quite ill, and the recovery is taking a little longer than I expected . I am absolutely overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of certain members of the forum who had offered to pick me up from home and drive me to and from the venue. However, I just feel that at this stage in my recovery it could all be a bit too much excitement . It's been a very hard decision to come to as normally a herd of wild horses wouldn't prevent me from attending a laser meet, but on this occasion I feel it's the right decision and I hate inconveniencing other people.

So, Have a great weekend guys, i'll be checking into PL throughout the day(s) to look for pictures etc. I'll also make a contribution towards the costs of hiring the hall etc as soon as Jim lets me have his Paypal address (nudge nudge) .

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

That's sad to hear Jem, however I completely understand your health takes priority, and you don't want to rush your recovery.
    So I wish you a speedy recovery, and will endeavour to post a load of photos throughout the weekend, as I think a video stream will be a bit optimistic due to no 3g.

Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

how many people do we actually have coming??

obviously im a 100% yes for early saturday morning till i get kicked out sunday night.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

@ Smog.

I planned on landing for the Stated start time of 12pm tomorrow to help out getting the hall set up so i'll put your number in my phone for if i'm the first to land.

Carl

Snarl, I am laserless!

Bloody KTP oven controller packed up on me, fixable, with parts I can get for MONDAY!
    And without the KTP heat it would be a really expensive outing (The crystal would grey track and be ruined).

I may still come down to meet everyone, but unfortunately the big green machine, will not be in attendance, and my little I70 rig is otherwise engaged (Long standing club gig).
    Yes, yes, I know I should buy into the whole diode laser thing.

Next year maybe as Leeds looks unsuited to outdoor play on that scale.

I could bring a load of 32A power cable with me (single and TP), as well as (possibly) a little Nexo rig if such would be useful, but would probably not make it before midday Saturday (Liverpool is a long, long way).

Regards, Dan.

@ Skulpture - You are MORE than welcome mate

@ Jem - GET BETTER SOON - or else

@ Dan - You better be there or you won't get a mince pie!!!

@ Carl - OK matey, no worries. Give us a bell when you get there and I will drop the key off and give you a quick tour

@ Chris - get yer arse down here Chris, it's a social event as well you know
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

im assuming someone will have a soldering iron and wire this weekend?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat