Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focusing Cmount Diode

I used a flexmod also.

the diodes, from the pictures I saw, appeared to be decommissioned rejects all piled in a bin which he then sorted through and sold individually and in grab bags. As noticed above, it appears your diode might have been at its end of life or had some OC damage from being in a plastic bin bare with hundreds of others. Seek a replacement if possible!

I sent him an email, and he doesn't seem to want to reply to it. Interesting thing, is that he sent me an ebay invoice for another item I bought before he responds to my replacement request

Lightbulb

He is a member here; you might should have searched it here before purchasing, and I would refuse the next purchase until he resolves this one.

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do. It's been past 45 days, so I can not do a paypal dispute

Default I dont give refunds for killing laser diodes!

Quote Originally Posted by potatorage View Post
    My wallwart only goes up to 2.1 A. I never turned it up any higher because of that limitation, and I have only run it ~5 sec to take a power reading. I don't know how it died, but it did
    Also: the paper says 2W max.
    Title says it all.

well as long as he was using the flexmod, the fact that it was wall-wart powered should't really matter...

It's not like he just used a wall-wart and a resistor

I'm no expert on drivers, so maybe the good doctor can comment on this one, but I'm pretty sure that the flexmod will clean up some pretty dirty power, such that it can be used to safely power a laser diode.

Yeah I use an unregulated wall wart with a FlexMod on my dual red system, no problem. I think he was referring to how he used the word focusing instead of collimating, perhaps insinuating inexperience and a higher likelihood to damage sensitive electronics.

Please tell us you had it mounted to a head sink at least. Even 5 seconds without a heat sink would be enough to kill it.

I used both the flexmod and a heatsink. This might be my first cmount diode, but I'm not stupid; I know the necessary precautions to take. The flexmod max'd out @ 2.1 A because the wallwart could not supply any more than that. I had a heatsink on both the flexmod and the diode.