Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1x ilda in - 5x ilda out - help

@mixedgas: I'd absolutely love to take you for a ride.. I'm merely a student pilot ATM, and I don't own any aircraft myself. I could arrange for a ride, but I couldn't do it or free since I'd have to rent the helicopter and buy fuel. The cost for rental is $250 up front for the aircraft and fuel for the first hour and $50/hr from that point on if you exceed one hour. It would be a LOT cheaper if I owned my own heli.

I'll look in to the prospect of building some drlava boards, if that's what you're referring to Andy..

i want a buffered 1 ilda in to 5 ilda out
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Since it'll require ten correction amp boards to do it, give me a little time to try to come up with a single board solution. To do it using actual drlava boards would be expensive compared to working something up on a single board, which would also be much smaller. If I can work up a single board design and get it all working right I'll be glad to build one for you.. it would most likely be cheaper and more manageable all around.

excellent many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i want a buffered 1 ilda in to 5 ilda out
    Hello everyone. I'm Tyler Le Dent. I use to be the head of manufacturing at Laser Fantasy. I'm kinda new to this forum but I can help with this request.

Try using the LM348 op-amp. If there is enough interest in this circuit I could design a circuit board for this. This is a hefty circuit design all projectors ideally would have inverts and Amplitude for X,Y. I would do a global adjustment /trimpots for I,R,G,B to keep everything fading evenly.

Try using an opamp rather than a buffer.

Cheers,
    Tyler
    Nth Degree Creative

I'd be interested in such a circuit, depending on cost. Really, I'm kind of surprised there isn't something for this available already..

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Lm348 is outdated. Its a quad 741 clone and has offset and gain bandwidth restrictions in the differential application.

TL082 is the minimum for laser signals these days and there are much better ones then the 082 out there.

In fact, you want something that can swing rail to rail, to keep the headroom down so you can use a inverter module and only need a wall wart for power.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-04-2009 at 06:55.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Im Interested!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserfro View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm Tyler Le Dent. I use to be the head of manufacturing at Laser Fantasy. I'm kinda new to this forum but I can help with this request.

Try using the LM348 op-amp. If there is enough interest in this circuit I could design a circuit board for this. This is a hefty circuit design all projectors ideally would have inverts and Amplitude for X,Y. I would do a global adjustment /trimpots for I,R,G,B to keep everything fading evenly.

Try using an opamp rather than a buffer.

Cheers,
    Tyler
    Nth Degree Creative
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

im interested subject to price
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im interested subject to price

I can cad this in 30 minutes tomarrow or tuesday after work . We can then do a group buy from Advanced Circuits etc. I will use the ILDA standard diff driver circuit, which was part of the older standard, with some short circuit protection etc. Electronic Goldmine is running a special on tubes of TL0 series opamps, 25 for 5.95, so now is the time to do it.

Here is what I need to know.

What does everybody do for the shutter? current loop, 0-5V , TTL, 12V whattttt???? How much voltage, how much current.

how many folks just run single ended XY? Any body run differential color? or are we all cowards and use single ended 0-5?

Since its not exactly specified in the ILDA standard, I'd need to how every one does it to replicate it and make everyone happy.

I could be really cheap and just do the drivers, and then we could all use DZs boards for the connections?

DB25s on the board or on ribbons? Ribbons makes it a lot more expensive.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-05-2009 at 15:32.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...