Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone from the SoCAL area?

I just talked to the guy who has the warehouse in LA. He seems like he is really interested in letting us use his place. He throws a monthly event on the last saturday of every month, I'm guessing we could probably use during the day, and then maybe set up a laser or some projectors (I have two) as an exchange. It has an open bar so we could drink all night.

Here is his craigslist ad:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...271248111.html

The warehouse is used to store vintage clothing which they sell wholesale.

Here is the event they are having this saturday:

How does this sound to everyone? I think I am going to go this Saturday to check out the warehouse. Give me you HONEST opinions.

- When do you think we should do this? I think September would be a good month (or at least better than August)
    Last edited by instinct; 07-23-2009 at 20:09.
    - instinct

Thumbs up

shit, sounds like a LEM I want to go to. The boss gave me a dirty look though.

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I just talked to the guy who has the warehouse in LA. He seems like he is really interested in letting us use his place. He throws a monthly event on the last saturday of every month, I'm guessing we could probably use during the day, and then maybe set up a laser or some projectors (I have two) as an exchange. It has an open bar so we could drink all night.

Here is his craigslist ad:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...271248111.html
    It sounds good, but if you're setting up a laser for him, you have to remember that he's charging $10 entrance fee, which is commerce. If it were me, I'd be setting up projectors for the guy. If you can get a variance, then go for the laser, but my projector isn't CDRH yet.

The warehouse is used to store vintage clothing which they sell wholesale.

How does this sound to everyone? I think I am going to go this Saturday to check out the warehouse. Give me you HONEST opinions.

- When do you think we should do this? I think September would be a good month (or at least better than August)
    I agree that September should be good, because I have a baby on the way and he's due to be here at the end of August. Actually end of September would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by redgoat View Post
    It sounds good, but if you're setting up a laser for him, you have to remember that he's charging $10 entrance fee, which is commerce. If it were me, I'd be setting up projectors for the guy. If you can get a variance, then go for the laser, but my projector isn't CDRH yet.

I agree that September should be good, because I have a baby on the way and he's due to be here at the end of August. Actually end of September would be great.
    Hey Red Goat, Where are you coming from? I don't have a variance, but was wondering if anyone else here does.

The guy is asking me how to check for 3 phase power.. How would he able to able to check on this? The power meter or from an electric bill?
    - instinct

Hey Red Goat, Where are you coming from? I don't have a variance, but was wondering if anyone else here does.

The guy is asking me how to check for 3 phase power.. How would he able to able to check on this? The power meter or from an electric bill?
    I'm in Fullerton, right off of Harbor Blvd and the 91. As far as the 3 phase power, I'm not sure how to check for that.

Quote Originally Posted by redgoat View Post
    I'm in Fullerton, right off of Harbor Blvd and the 91. As far as the 3 phase power, I'm not sure how to check for that.
    Oh yeah.. I forgot you posted that already. Duh.

So far it looks like these people are interested in going:

Carlos
    Lightspin
    Dj Allen
    Instinct
    Red Goat
    LaserBen

other possibilites (showed interest in CALEM thread)

Lasernerd
    Heroic
    Daguin
    GoeyGus
    Laserman532
    Yobresal

If it was in LA/OC area, would anyone else consider on going? I think I might know 1 or 2 might people who might be interested as well.
    Last edited by instinct; 07-24-2009 at 15:41.
    - instinct

I'm interested (as stated on the list )

If he has 3 phase power, he'd probably know it. If it just used to be a clothing warehouse, I doubt they'll have it but you never know...

Im in, depending on date

I checked out the place last night, but couldn't check it too thoroughly since there was a show going on. I don't think it has 3 Phase power though. I really have to go back and check it out when it is not packed with people, and I can actually talk to the owner for more than 1 minute.

There are the two wooden beams in the middle though.. They could possible get in the way of aerial shows?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1651.JPG  

IMG_1659.JPG  

IMG_1654.JPG  

IMG_1664.JPG  

IMG_1672.JPG  

- instinct

I found a spot as well. It would probably be dirt cheap or free (working out a deal with the owner).

There is a balcony type thing thats PERFECT for putting equipment on (its the perfect height - just above 9 feet). Thats where I put my equipment up last night.

No 3 phase, but they do have a distro box (100 amps total I believe) that we can tie into.
    Fog isn't an issue. We could use it well into the morning (the event I did last night lasted until 6 am :P)
    No bar, but you could BYOB