Thread: Moncha LITE for CS-400G?

Default Moncha LITE for CS-400G?

I have recently purchased a Laserworld CS-400G and want to use some software to control it. Would the Moncha LITE package be suitable for this?

It only goes up to 12K and the laser is quoted at 20K (if Laserworld's specs are to be believed...)

I want to do shows for trance music and raves and the like, is this a good purchase? It would be the best I could afford right now, but I don't want to drop that amount of £££ down the pan! (poor student :'(

iShow looks like pants, is Moncha LITE better?

Thanks,
    James

yes a very good purchase
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks !

Do you know if I can do sound-2-light with it? Like running sound in through WinAmp or somthing like that?

Also, will the scanners be run to their max? Laserworld quote 20K, but that is probably BS. Is 12K enough to do text and the like?

no dont think so on the sound front.

12k is a bit low for text.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

So, would I be better with the full version than the LITE version? I guess yes, but is my laser really capable of 20K? that is the question. Can the Moncha DAC be used with other software?

well ive no idea about your scanner?

full moncha can do up to 30k which is perfect for text.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

My scanners are rated by Laserworld at 20K max, but I doubt that they go to that speed. They are probably nearer 12-15K

There is some chinese character text on the presets that looks halfway decent, but I dunno. Suck it and see I guess

if they say there 20k then there probably 20k
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Scanner speed is closely related to scan angle - generally, the smaller the scan angle, the faster the available scan speed (up to the limits of your hardware, of course). Trying to push scanners to do too wide an angle, even at their rated speed, is a recipe for misery. You'll probably find that the Laserworld 20K scan speed is at 5 degrees max angle - that's certainly the case for their 45K / 50k scanners. Increase the angle to 15 degrees and the maximum available speed is approximately halved.