Thread: Digikey for the win / UPS for the F%$#ing lose

Default Digikey for the win / UPS for the F%$#ing lose

really, when it comes to customer service, digikey goes above and beyond with it.

First off, you call their main 800 number and receive a person who can actually help you with whatever. no red tape, no let me get you to another department.

So the story goes, I ordered $150 worth of parts I needed to restock on and selected UPS 2 day air. It was to arrive today. well the UPS driver marked delivered but did not. When I called UPS to report this it was said that the driver miss delivered it but in order to get it, digikey will have to call and place a tracer on the package. I mean what the fuck, seriously. Just deliver the fucking package, you know where it is at dont request a tracer for it.

I call digikey as instructed, get someone really nice. They are overnighting a whole new set of what i ordered at their expense and if ups tries to deliver two packages to deny one of them.

Meanwhile, UPS when called by digikey, changed their story and said it was delivered and the driver did not have the package. But unknown to them i record any call I might think I need to so I sent it over to digikey and they will have their own fun with it.

so if you ever need parts ordered, digikey might not be the cheapest, but definitely has the best customer service.

I love Digikey. It's my one stop shop for all my parts. Can't find jack at RadioTrash anymore. They deliver fast and always have what I need.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    I love Digikey. It's my one stop shop for all my parts. Can't find jack at RadioTrash anymore. They deliver fast and always have what I need.
    Digikey is starting to be the cheapest.

Love em. And if you say Mike Pappa Sierra Six Five to a Digikey Gal on a noisy line, she knows you mean MPS65-ND. You hear "That was mike paul sam sixty-five" dash N DEE? , correct?" right back.Well trained staff.

Although I wonder what ND means some times.

Wish I would have saved some of the old linotyped two page adverts from Thief River Falls.

UPS= OPPS, nough said.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-02-2009 at 17:21.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Often times "Universal Package Smashers" seem to loose invoices, damge to internals packaged for rough treatment, and not to mention the all too common.......well it was supposed to be here last week???? We have had a parcel delivered to the wrong addy a few times......one being too expensive just to let it go. Insurance yes....the product did not belong in the hands of Joe and Jane Q public.....it was recovered.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I've been ordering from Digikey for over 5 years...

I can order some parts before 8:00pm on a weekday and have
    them in my hands the next day... for $8.00 Cnd...(no duty)
    and I'm in Quebec Canada....

That is absolutely amazing... For a Research and Development company
    that's like having Digikey's fully stocked warehouse in the building next
    door...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Default Unreliable postal service !!

Unreliable Postal Service !! Yes love to buy from them. They are great deal with , chick sounds hot too.
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

United Parcel Service has really gone downhill lately. Case in point: We recently had a shutdown at the plant where I work at. Several of the chemical manufacturing buildings were off-line, so we decided to take some equipment out of service at the wastewater treatment plant for some much-needed cleaning and maintenance.

Then we noticed that we had a pair of 3 inch ball valves that needed to be replaced. I ordered them UPS RED-LABEL (delivery before 10:30 AM the following day), because they needed to be installed before we could start back up.

I'm checking the on-line status of the package, and at 9:45AM it gets updated to "apartment number not specified, package re-scheduled for delivery tomorrow." I hit the roof! Called the 800 number and kept saying "customer service representative" over and over until the stupid automated system finally got the hint that I was pissed and transferred me to a live person. Then I told them that this is a *chemical plant*, not some damned apartment building, and if the goober made it to the front gate the security people would tell him where to go. I also told them that when a chemical plant orders something RED LABEL, it damned well better be delivered on time.

They called the driver, who called me back directly. As I suspected, our normal driver was on vacation and this dude was filling in. Since he wasn't familiar with the plant, he decided to blow off the delivery. I read him the riot act... Twice!

Finally got the valves around 12:30, which was OK I guess. But damnit, when something is ordered RED LABEL, it's frickin' important!!!!

As an aside, we order stuff from Mc Master-Carr all the time, and they ship exclusively with Fed Ex and via always next-day air service. Never had a problem once in over 5 years of doing business with them. Coincidence? I think not!

Adam

Im sorry I screwed up its Unreliable Parcel Service !!!!
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/