Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PaCoLEM II - Portland, Oregon

I'm leaning towards the late-August option now. Previously, I thought later this month would be neat, but I need more time too.

Anybody have a major hangup with that date? (Aug 29)

We could always go September, if needed.

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Hey all,

So it's about time I made it official and started a thread about this.

So far, I have one viable venue on Columbia Blvd. It's an old church that has been converted into art-spaces. Downstairs is an open space that is often rented out for weddings and other gatherings. The downside is that the ceilings are standard-height (think FLEM).

Otherwise, the venue has 225kVA 3-phase 208 and air circulation. I just checked the HVAC today and found that the AC lines have been cut but it stays pretty cool down there. There are a few windows that can easily be covered with black plastic.

I also have some other options I will look into here soon.

Anyway, what dates work for you? So far, I'm good for July 24th-26th, August 7th-9th or August 28th-30th as far as I know. I've put a poll on this thread to get a good idea.

I figure cost would be around $20-30 depending on how many people show up. (...to cover the cost of the venue.)

Thoughts?

-Jonathan
    Good Pick Jonathan! Are you planning on upstairs the ceilings are quite low downstairs (But all the power is there). The venue owners are VERY nice, and there is a lot of space!

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I know that venue. I'm glad I'm getting safty glasses with my new laser I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesx1234 View Post
    I know that venue. I'm glad I'm getting safty glasses with my new laser I'm getting.

I figure the downstairs would work if we set up for long-throw. The upstairs is mostly built in as individual art-studio spaces, so it's sort of useless for LEM needs. For those that aren't familiar with the venue (called Circadia), the downstairs has lower ceilings, but a lot of space to spread out in.

I need to look into some power distribution. I figure a couple of spider boxes would cover everything but big lasers which could be set up near the circuit breakers, ideally.

Anybody have any conflicts with the August 28th-30th?

-Jonathan

whenever works for me as long as its not during the burn

im now in eugene!!!
    -Josh

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    whenever works for me as long as its not during the burn

im now in eugene!!!
    sweet! Where were you located before?

Hi guys, I dont know who is who with screen names and all....
    I would like to attend and get together. Sounds fun :-)

Kyle garner
    Laseronics

Lightbulb I was bored so for reference...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...33.13,,0,-4.11

This is the venue, I did not take pictures last time I was there but it should work out well... Too bad you can't see the Burn Bus in the street view picture they were working on it this spring, stage on top looked to be pretty nifty!

Peace,
    Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I'll make a renewed effort to get everything squared away this week as far as the venue and how many people are going. (I was in the woods until today. )

-Jonathan

Let's dooooooooo this! I'm still in