Thread: Color Delay Board setup frames

Default Color Delay Board setup frames

Hey guys, I've just added a couple test frames that you can use for setting up the color delay board. I found this simple test frame much easier to use and it gets it pretty close. The files are available for download from my site at <no longer exists!>, click products, then color correction and scroll to the bottom. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by DZ; 02-24-2012 at 05:34. Reason: took out web address

Thanks, DZ - PERFECT timing!

Installing the board is on my list for this weekend's projects.
    (I'll have your & Buffo's phone numbers on speed dial, just in case...)
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Perfect! One thing I should add, is that you are not trying to get all 6 lines to start and end in the same place. The bottom couple lines will look shorter than the upper ones. It is just meant to make it easier to see the tails. Basically, the top line has 6 blanking points before it starts drawing the line and the bottom line only has 1. You use the left side to adjust rising edge delay and the right side to adjust falling edge delay. Good Luck!

I've expanded the test frames used to setup/tune the color board. With this set of frames, I'm able to have a color board tuned in a matter of minutes. Here's how I use the following test frames:

First I setup the Pangolin color palette for "Standard Screen and Laser Colors"
    Next, change the blanking offset, if currently set to 4 change it to 3.
    Then I use frames 1 thru 3 to roughly set the gain and offset pots.
    I then use frame 4 to fine tune offset so that the 3 colors fade out at roughly the same spot.
    Next I step thru the Pangolin Palette wizard and save the new palette as default.
    Next I use frame 5 thru 8 to set the Rising Edge and Falling Edge delays.

Once all of these frames look good, I'll run thru a couple shows, if I see anything off a bit, I'll make a minor adjustment to offset that color. After that, it should be as good as it gets!

For the folks not using Pangolin, I'm working on getting this file in ILDA format and will post it here when available.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Next, change the blanking offset, if currently set to 4 change it to 3.
    Ok, I think I understand now. Penny drop moment, Epiphany...

This step is a crucial step, as you are forcing insufficient blanking delay in software, and adding it back in as needed in hardware. Right?

Blanking offset is set to 4 in my setup, and I have noticed before that the optimum settings can vary if you adjust the scan rate down from 30k.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey guys, I've just added a couple test frames that you can use for setting up the color delay board. I found this simple test frame much easier to use and it gets it pretty close. The files are available for download from my site at dzelaser.com, click products, then color correction and scroll to the bottom. Hope this helps!
    Link error! http://dzlaser.com
    This space for rent.