Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New layout..

* vigil added!

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I fourth that.

I have the fealing It's more like a downgrade, I cant upload attachments anymore, it wont login automatically, and the skin is... different...
    Okies... Clear out your cookies... There might be a conflict with the previous one used by vb3 and the new one used by vb4. That might help go a ways to fixing the "forced logout" junk.

Also regarding attachments... see if this helps. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...do=editoptions

Go to the bottom and disable the new uploader widget.

If these don't scare the board into working I don't know what will.

I forgot to say when mentioning the picture posting bug, I'm using IE 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Okies... Clear out your cookies... There might be a conflict with the previous one used by vb3 and the new one used by vb4. That might help go a ways to fixing the "forced logout" junk.

Also regarding attachments... see if this helps. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...do=editoptions

Go to the bottom and disable the new uploader widget.

All fixed, thanx

So... Who do we know that knows a thing or two about forum smilies that might be up to the challenge of adding/cataloging/tagging them... Hrrm. If only there was someone at the board... *cough*ALLTHAT*cough*
    I can retrieve most, if not all of the smilies if'n you'd like.

I am working with the guy at skinbox.com to get both taken care of... for a current iteration of the "dark" "vertically compressed" theme go to the bottom left of the board and select "Underground". My biggest gripe is that its horizontally compressed to the point of being useless.... It really is a work in progress at this point... Just please be patient with me as I work through all this shit.uld. The previous skin creator for the 3.8 series of VB that PL was using doesn't do VB anything anymore, so that skin is "dead^3"
    not perfect, but much better, thanks!

trust me I know the stress anything vB can be... I have been a mod/admin on several vB boards ranging from small to insanely huge and every major version upgrade has been a nightmarish endeavor

It really is a work in progress at this point... Just please be patient with me as I work through all this shit.
    You got my vote. I truly appreciate all that you do, and continue to do, for us PLaholics.

I believe I have all the old smileys if we can use them to downgrade the current ones...

Thank you again;
    DDL

P.S. I cleared my cookies and will give it a shot now.
    P.P.S. I can see all the smileys again
    P.P.P.S. Does this not work as a temporary fix until we get a new set of smileys?
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

so we lost the option for the other style?

this style is really bad, its really hard to figure out where a quote ends and the response begins, there is no little box for the quote like there was in the old themes

Lightbulb

The "Who's Online" doesn't want to sort by time, newest to oldest; only oldest to newest... You can also link to any of the smileys in my album.