Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: the beast has arrived.....

I should have said above, from memory Kvant were using OPSL Gold (yellow) modules which are 3 watts. So assuming its 7 watts there should be 4 watts of RGB and 3 watts of gold (577nm) in there.

I second Allthatwhichis's statement!

im working on pics ,, i tried my iphone, but its flickering the iphones camers too much!
    Yes it is 7 watts , 2w 640nm , 2w 445nm, 3w 532nm coherent OPSL, i still need to measure actual power out though, i think its right on spec. But i will know once i get a power meter..
    retail price for this model is approx 35,000 (usd)

Damn, OPSL green. Was looking forwards to that gold. Nevermind, still very nice. I'd die for 7 watts.

Dirty pics of the laser in action please !!!!!
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Now how the hell can I get 35,000 dollars . Sell drugs ,, No ,, Rob Carlos,,, No ,,, Rob a bank ,,, No ,,, Fuck I guess Ill never have one .. I hate you Carlos !!
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Pfft!.... Kvant projectors are for people who can't build their own....

Kidding! Very nice projector! WOW! Please come to SELEM with that sucker.

Well, if i had half the knowledge of you braniacs, i would have built it, but i dont!
    Besides , ive allready built a 2.5 watt melles griot projector, but building an RGB is a whole different animal, after crunching some numbers, i decided that after buying each and every component to finish a high power RGB, it was only a bit more to purchase the finished product....

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Well, if i had half the knowledge of you braniacs, i would have built it, but i dont!
    Besides , ive allready built a 2.5 watt melles griot projector, but building an RGB is a whole different animal, after crunching some numbers, i decided that after buying each and every component to finish a high power RGB, it was only a bit more to purchase the finished product....
    Volume discount owns the game.... similar conclusion I came to. Would not save much money building my own 2W, the hassle was not worth it initially. I will build my third RGB however.. because I'd like to do it my way.. and make it a true beast! Then if I have any issues with it, I only have myself to blame. Just like when I build computers for people... so far, no blame

Lovely projector there, truely a well made work of art. If you ever need to fight someone, I'm sure one of those laser modules would work well as a fine club!!!! They look so darn solid.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

You guys are missing the sexiest bit which is a Start button and a Stop button !

In my mind, when he hits the start button a sound similar to a jet turbine spooling up emanates from deep within the bowels of the case ....

One day I'll have one of those.

Cool

My projector has a "run" button, and a great big red "stop" button too! Alas, no sounds of a turbine spooling up when you press run though.

Adam