Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM stage organization

Why to I feel a need in my loins to blow that kvant out of the water.... or at least the fog?
    Good luck with that Steve, that little kvant kicks all kinds of ass. Allthat will have everything setup and half way through Pink Floyd's Money before you even have the first water hose hooked up to the 88. I'm wondering when I can pickup a kvant at walmart.

Cool

The venue doesn't have any scaffold. However, if you know someone that 1) has scaffold, and 2) doesn't mind bringing it to the venue, then we can certainly try it this time.

But scaffold is a big pain in the rear. I'd much rather set up your ion lasers on a table like we did last time. (Except on stage instead of in the hallway this time.)

As for kicking the Kvant's ass - that's easy... So long as you're talking about total power output, that is. Heck, last year we had at least three lasers that were more powerful than Aaron's Kvant is.

But if you're talking about power per unit volume of the projector, then forget it. His entire projector is smaller than a car battery, and weighs less to boot. Like DZ said, he'll have it set up and running a show before you get your water lines uncoiled.

Don't get me wrong: I really like the lines you get from a decent mixed-gas rig. But the setup time is a bitch...

Adam

I'm going to chime in on scaffolding.

It's really not that hard (for me, anyway) to setup. I regularly use the sheet-rocker variety for my laser shows and setup takes about 20 minutes. (including reinforcing it with tie-downs for rigidity.)

This is a simple one. The ones I usually rent have two decks and are 12 feet high (at the bottom of the guard-rails).

I'd be happy to set it up and tear it down if someone would bring it. (I'm flying, as aforementioned.)

-Jonathan

Question

Hey... Projections zones used will be 1=scanner 1, 6=scanner 2, 7=scanner 3, 8=scanner 4, 11=scanner 5, 12=scanner 6, and 13 is scanner 7... correct?

These laser meets are much more organised than I thought

One day I need to fly over and go long to one

Project Stuka RGB (IF Uncle Sam decides we can make it...) will be sporting it's own speaker stand support (worked fine for my July 4th gig, so should be OK on a stage). Same setup I had last year - just a bit stronger, and the lasers are actually in a case now .

I'm using a QM.NET, so networking should be fairly easy.
    Already supports an X-invert switch on the case.

Blue power is doubled, so overall balanced output should improve considerably...but it still "ain't no Kavant"!!

Still trying to work out something for Jolly Green...

How are we set for smoke machines - and more importantly, getting the smoke alarms turned off inside the auditorium?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

In 2007 we cranked the stage light truss down to put Steve0s mirror ball up. Could we hang that Kavant from the light truss and fly in the air?
    Pangolin FB3
    DT40 PRO
    200mw 635nm LASERWAVE
    200mw 532nm CNI
    100mw 473nm CNI
    POLY 20 / GAS ARGON (SELEM BLUE)

LASERS MAKE ME GRIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    How are we set for smoke machines - and more importantly, getting the smoke alarms turned off inside the auditorium?
    That reminds me... I need to grab some fog juice. It's gonna be Froggy's this time (it's froggysfog.com, right?)

Realistically speaking, it would be great to get a 'few' machines going... but my fazer with Buffo's fogger both running should be plenty... A hazer would be awesome though!

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by whitcher88 View Post
    In 2007 we cranked the stage light truss down to put Steve0s mirror ball up. Could we hang that Kavant from the light truss and fly in the air?

Um... I am not too sure about that. Me and gravity have this thing. I have yet to be able to distract myself from if well enough to trust it too well.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

Um... I am not too sure about that. Me and gravity have this thing. I have yet to be able to distract myself from if well enough to trust it too well.
    Ah,,, No worries Aaron, A little dab of Krazy Glue will hold it up there.