Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM stage organization

Cool

We may be able to use the flying truss - but Aaron would need a very long ILDA cable to reach it once we flew it into position... Give that he's uneasy about having an $8000 projector hanging 35 ft in the air to begin with, I think we might want to stick with tripods and tables.

By the way, I have some updated information on the special guests that were invited to this year's SELEM.

Bill Benner is still unsure if he will be able to attend, but he *does* want to come and is trying very hard to make it. Unfortunately he probably won't know for sure until the week before the event. If Bill can attend, he'll be able to talk about several topics, including the new LASORB, version 5 of the LD-2000 software, and QuickShow for the FB3.

Patrick Murphy *will* be attending this year, and he has a presentation on Audience Scanning that he'd like to share with the group. He will be arriving late in the evening on Saturday, so his presentation will probably be given on Sunday.

Greg Makhov is pretty sure he'll be able to attend, but his travel schedule is very tight. As it stands right now, he should arrive back in the US within a day or two of SELEM, so assuming he can get everything settled quickly upon his return, he'll be able to make it. Greg is planning to deliver a presentation on Color Theory and Color Balance as it relates to laser projectors. He may also have a short presentation on power measurements that will dovetail nicely with Patrick's presentation on Audience Scanning.

Mike Dunn is seriously bummed out, because he really wanted to make it to SELEM this year and its looking more and more like his schedule will not allow it. But he hasn't given up all hope just yet. He said he will know for sure by the 1st of August if he can make it. If he can't make it, he said he would send something for the group to enjoy in his place.

Adam

I will bring my hazer, RGB projector, .net, extra network cable and connectors, coherent power meeter, .....

LJ

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=buffo;107621]We may be able to use the flying truss - but Aaron would need a very long ILDA cable to reach it once we flew it into position... Give that he's uneasy about having an $8000 projector hanging 35 ft in the air to begin with, I think we might want to stick with tripods and tables.

I've got the long ilda.

made of 2$ a foot belden, all 25 conductors in place.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

ok ladies and gents-

i will have my 5 watter (532). *POSSIBLY* a higher power (3+) Watt RGB (if i can get it done in time). i would say 60/40 on that right now. (60% NOT finished. 40% finished.)

fogger. same as last year. its pretty hefty.

ill prob bring some various modules for sale/borrow/thievery if need be. prob some 640s, maybe a 473 or 2 and a 532 or 2.

the door prizes i mentioned earlier. and a laptop w/ full auto. NOOOO...havent fully pangoed yet!

need/want anything else??

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    need/want anything else??

-Marc
    Uhh... If you happen to have a spare 5W hanging out... SURE!

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

is there any need to send this in advance?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freak.jpg  

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Smile

Not for this one Pat... Your record is still safe!

I think the biggest unit we'll have will be Marc's 5 watt DPSS green. Though there were some rumors of a larger ion laser making an appearance, and if so, that might be just enough to top Marc's baby. (Maybe by a watt or two)

Even so, nothing will even come close to the 42.7 watts of your Cobra YAG! So you're still the king. (For now!)

Sounds like we'll have plenty of foggers this time around. That's good! (Last year we had plenty of fog on Saturday, but it was just me and my Antari 1200Z on Sunday...)

BTW, just to let everyone know - we'll have some tables set up in the lobby for people that want to buy / sell / trade stuff. So if you've got some gear that you'd like to sell, bring it along!

Adam

Standing by for greatness
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freak 005.jpg  

Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Cool

Well, Aaron has already stated that he doesn't want to "fly" his projector, because he's afraid of gravity. I don't know if anyone else has a projector that could be hung from a truss like that. (Though I admit that it's a cool setup, and at only $119, it's a steal!)

I suppose we could mount some bounce mirrors on it, assuming that people are bringing bounce mirrors, that is... But setting up mirrors is a major pain in the rear.

I'll leave it up to the group. If anyone has something that they want/need to hang in the air (at up to 9 ft off the floor), then this would come in handy. But right now I don't think anyone is planning to bring any gear that would need to be hung...

Adam