Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Argon laser

Smile

Good to see that you're still around here on the board too, Steve. I figured that you are always working on some top-secret gov't or industrial super-laser project or something.
    Hey Adam. Sorry I missed SELEM this year . I'll try for next year.
    Y'all have a good one.
    -Steve

Cool

No sweat dude. Next year should be better anyway. I think we'll have some scaffolding in place. Should be quite the show.

Adam

Talking

I cant wait for the next SELEM!!!
    By then I hope to have my case all fixed and looking nice!! Plus I have some cool things I wish to show!!!

Oh I have a PSU coming for this other argon head!!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    I have been bitten by the gas bug!!!
    I just got another argon head today, its a:
    JDS Uniphase
    Model: 2214-20GLYVW
    Ser. 28877
    Man. date. 10-27-00

I have yet to get it to fire,but the cath.glows,but It will not fire.I have not heard the tick tick tick yet,so Im not sure whats wrong with it. But I did find the hour meter and it has anywere form 5,000-5,500 hours on it, it looks really good! But I havnt had much time to mess with it.
    Im powering it with a JDS Uniphase PSU 2213.
    Ill try to get some pics soon, but Im on my laptop, due to my motherboard going on my main computer....

djmatt
    I know I'm replying to a really old post. This is the only thing that came up when trying to find out more about that model. It is still running fine. I love that green. I think I got it from you at SELEM in 2012.

I saw some one mention the short arc xenon lamps, i have a working unit that was originally used for a fiber optic light pipe used in surgery, there is still a spot light you can buy called a Maxa Beam, I see them used in movies all the time and owned one till some one stole it, they use a 70 watt short arc and non of these should ever be operated with out some form of shield due to UV and the insane pressure the operate at. I have HID systems on my quad and they are more like a metal halide and operate at presures of over 400 psi and the final thing is i built a test fixture that uses the projection lamps from DLP tvs and projectors. Those lamps use xenon and mercury if memory serves and they call them UHP Ultra high pressure and they some times explode as a fail mode and the flying quartz can even cause additional damage in the tv, one unit i serviced destroyed the color wheel and light tunnel, i even found bits in the section with the color wheel. For there size the amount of light is amazing, Going back to HID I have 3 systems in service that i use for work lights, 9 watts, 21 watts and 35 watts. the 21 watt unit i made with a magnetic base for working on tv's, the little one is modded to fit inside a spot light that was halogen, the 9 watt emits allmost 900 lumens and on battery lasers about 4 times the run time, the 35 watt is just a hella de housing on a tripod with the ballast mounted under a carrying handle, it is a spare unit from the ones on my quad, about 3200 lumens i think and i have 3 on the quad. I also use a 100 watt metal halide for my bearded dragons and a modded 35 watt metal halide for my living room
    sorry for drifting off topic but i love HID lamps as much as i love lasers.
    Gas lasers and lamps I will still always love more then diode units as you can see it doing something, you can see the guts working if you will, glowing gas and high voltage always more fun
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu