Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Red Lava' 642nm 120mW adjustable modules

Default 'Red Lava' 642nm 120mW adjustable modules

The feedback has been good in the Lasers, All Kinds thread, so here are some of these modules for sale to help fund future laser projects and of course food.

History: This module is a refinement of a concept that chad and I worked on back in 2007. Back then, we took advantage of the simplicity of the combination of a finned tube with an aixiz module inside as the basis for a laser module. The downside to using the aixiz module in a tube approach were twofold: the quality control from batch to batch led to variations in fit of the lens, diode and housing and secondly the low copper content brass material that the aixiz module is composed of is not the best conductor of heat away from the diode. The alternative was to machine a diode and lens holder from scratch to specifications.. although more expensive, this method has better thermal characteristics for pulling heat from the diode, and better quality control. I think the result speaks for itself.

Details:
    Optical:
    Diode: Optnext 642nm 150mW HL6385DG
    Exit beam: approx 2.2mm
    Divergence: <0.8mRad
    Output power: 120mW (130-140mW with LENS option)
    Polarization: H or V, per request. Pairs one of each.

Mechanical:
    Height adjustment: 1" to 2.25"
    Lateral Ajustment: 1.25"
    Rotational adjustment: 150 degrees Y 360 X
    Dimensions: 2.75" L x 2.25" W x 2.5" H

Electrical:
    Power input: 5-12V, 300mA
    Static protection: LASORB in body
    Driver: FlexMod N2
    TEC Cooling: optional (TEC option)
    Modulation: 0-5V analog/TTL
    Bandwidth: DC-250kHz

cost: $279

This wavelength appears twice as bright as the typical 655nm wavelength of dvd burner diodes while not appearing as orange as 635nm lasers. At the same time, this diode is rated at 150mW CW, the same as most dvd burner diodes that accept being over driven to 200mW, indicating that future study into the maximum output power verses long lifetime of this diode is warranted. A pair of these would be roughly equivalent to a 700mW 670nm, but these would have tight beam specs.

It's exciting to finally have this come to fruition. I think it will be a good host for upcoming wavelengths as well

Thanks to Pango for creating the LASORB, and PL for inspiration to keep working with lasers!

Please send a PM if youre interested. I'll be at SELEM so let me know ahead of time if you want me to bring some for you.

thanks!

Hi Andrew:

What is the shape of the beam? Round,square, rectangle?

What kind of lens? Glass,acrylic

John
    Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

At the exit the beam is round , as near as I can tell. 30 feet away it takes on the typical oval pattern from the diode emission pattern. Standard lens is acrylic, LENS option is the glass LENS-27

Nice Lookin Build, Small package
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

Doc, are you still selling your red beautys?
    I was thinking about a couple of reds to combine.
    How much it will cost the Lens option?

Do you ship overseas? (Italy, for example )

....it is also a nice excuse to pop up this topic...

Hi, yes I still have a few H & V pairs available after selem. Overseas shipping no problem, I suggest USPS express mail international, typically around $26. Lens option ( Roithner LEN27) would be $25.
    thanks
    -A

You got mail.....

These are magnificent laser modules. They were built from the Kryton Batch and as lava indicated above... Direct diode insertion right into the head for superior thermal dissapation. Set screw for adjustable alignment on both x, y axis. Adjustable focus with glass lens means your getting the most photons you can without shortening the length of the diodes life as well as being able to adjust the focus to whatever distance you desire.

drlava, would you happen to have some spare diode mounts for sale? it's just a question as I already have some for my two diodes

I'm also considering buying lens27 lenses, but I don't know roithner's prices and suspect they would be a bit cheaper if, for example, you had a few left to be sold from those you ordered

shrad, roithner price list: http://www.roithner-laser.at/All_Dat...t-c-091202.pdf

1-49 pcs 23.82Euro/35.85USD