Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Settings 473nm oem

Default Settings 473nm oem

Hi,
    I have purchased from ebay (seller Snoctony) a 473nm 100mW analog.
    Actually is emitting 94mw at his best, but after 10 min it goes down a bit (84mw)

After reading the thread about CNI OEM supply, I was thinking to tweak a bit the TECs to get a better performance.

Anybody knows about this type of supply?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1171.JPG  

CIMG1173.JPG  

CIMG1175.JPG  

That looks like a Lion driver - dunno which pots are which though. Should be easy to work out which one does the diode current by following the traces and it should connect to an op amp whose output drives the diode power transistor

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Snoctony doesn't sell CNI.. but Lion modules.
    But you have warranty.. so if you contact him and explain the lower power reading, he will be happy to take it back and send you a replacement unit.
    At least he did with my red a while ago.

If you mess with the pots yourself you probably void the warranty.

How much did you pay for this if you don;t mind me asking..?
    Last edited by SideFX; 08-07-2009 at 05:46.

thats not true i got an 800mw 650nm that put out 850mw from snoctony

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    thats not true i got an 800mw 650nm that put out 850mw from snoctony
    Ok then i'll take it back.
    Anyway.. in my case communication went smoothly and he handled issues properly.

Yes, it is a Lion that I ordered in July 2008 and, due to lack of time, I have never really used. (But warranty I think is gone )

Today my Laserbee power meter is arrived, so I started to test my toys

The price i payed my 473nm is still unchanged (900usd plus 50usd DHL shipping to Italy):
    http://cgi.ebay.it/100mw-473nm-dpss-...4.c0.m14.l1262

At the time, I also posted a small review of the unit:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...42&postcount=7

I also confirm that the seller was very kind and helpful, but I don't think that the unit can be considered so defective to risk a shipment.
    Usually I'm very patient when I do settings on equipments at work, so, when I saw this:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...&highlight=cni

I thought... why not playing on TECs, without messing with the diode's current?

Last edited by Pitopito; 08-07-2009 at 06:05.

Only three pots... hmmmm...

I would say that one is for diode current and the other two are for the diode tec and the crystal tec. BUT... it is possible that the diode current isn't adjustable via a potentiometer. My guess is that the diode has a fixed current and that one of the pot is a 0 bias and the others are tec controls. Only one way to find out

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    Only three pots... hmmmm...

I would say that one is for diode current and the other two are for the diode tec and the crystal tec. BUT... it is possible that the diode current isn't adjustable via a potentiometer. My guess is that the diode has a fixed current and that one of the pot is a 0 bias and the others are tec controls. Only one way to find out
    There is also a small trimmer (not multi) right under the big coil

on my CNI supply, there was a small trimmer such as that which controlled the voltage regulation for the entire supply. This was the only way that diode current would increase, but it would also throw the tec settings off. I never messed with it once I discovered what it did, but it may be the same in your case. Really the only way to truely discover what things do, is to pull the cover off the laser and take measurements. Be very careful if connecting a multimeter in series with the diode. This is how I took my measurements, but it is very easy to kill the diode if things aren't hooked up properly.

It sounds scary but very tempting....
    Meanwhile I sent a mail to Guangzhou Lion Photoelectronics, hoping that they are not too shy to disclose some of their secrets....