Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: SELEM was a blast!

Thumbs up Interest in the hobby GROWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Awesome, mind-boggling, multi-sensory overload!!

OK - the negative:
    One missing 100mw laser pointer - damn...

But everything else - WOW!!
    If anything, it's becoming almost TOO much to cram into one weekend - what a cool problem to have!!
    It was very cool reuniting & meeting the new faces behind the online names!

Buffo - thanks again for all your hard work to get this organized and set up!
    Count me in on the "committee" for next year if you need some help!!

DZ - you are DA MAN!!
    Thanks again for bailing me out on the Maxyz repair!!

Mophead & Mystrys - that BBQ was AWESOME!
    Thanks for the journey to get it to SELEM!

Witcher88 - ditto on the lasagna!!

Allthatwhichis - killer shows!
    Thanks for all your hard work getting the mult-projector synchronization going!!

DJMatt - dude, I can't believe you just got started with the lasers this year!!
    Great job with those AND your original compositions!!
    Awesome!!

Bill & Justin from Pangolin, Patrick Murphy from ILDA - thanks again for taking the time out of your schedules and making the trek to SELEM!!

DocJohn - when I grow up, I want to be just like you!!

Anyone else I didn't mention specifically, it was GREAT seeing you again, and / or meeting you for the first time! Looking forward to next year's event already!!

BTW -

StukaChk says "hi", and enjoyed meeting everyone.
    And while the technical discussions kind of sailed over her, after she saw the shows from the balcony, she admits - she gets it!!
    All of the above.......I SECOND THAT!

I want to thank everyone who was so nice to me. I know I'm still new to the group, new to the hobby and YES...some stuff still goes right over my head BUT...I really got a little taste of everything at this event. This has been an eye opener for me. I tend to be a "quiet watcher" of sorts but thoroughly enjoyed the knowledge I gleaned from the speakers, the presentations and I LOVED the shows I caught. Everyone is so talented in their own ways and it's great to see all sides of this hobby come together. From a newb's point of view there was a great mix of the technical/practical/creative sides of this hobby/art. I thank every one of you for your part and the hard work in making this event a success. I look forward to many more gatherings.

To Allthatwhichis:
    Thank you for taking the time to sit and talk with me about your vision/life/art. You were an inspiration to me as the creative juices started to flow. Definite sensory/info overload for me. But you were part of the catalyst in my decision to forge ahead with MY VISION! Thanks for your time and knowledge and if I may do so, I shall seek you out on occasion for advice and help in the art of creating shows.

Everyone else, I am glad to know that i have such a vast pool of expertise and knowledge to draw from as I progress on this path. And that I felt welcome at this event........as a newcomer I appreciated that more than anything else. A great group of folks. Thank you all again.

I heard a few out there who felt "if you don't understand everything that's said here...you shouldn't be here."
    Well...I happen to find that very SMALL MINDED and believe everyone must start somewhere. So...here I stand at the starting line.

Also...very happy to hear the BBQ was such a hit!!

~M~

************************************************** *******************************************

Never limit your own life's experience. Lack of knowledge,mistrust and fear are not crimes...but may be the "mindkiller". ~ME
    Last edited by Mystrys; 08-26-2009 at 10:14. Reason: EVIL typos!

Thumbs up

Buffo,
    I took one of your home brew beers for the wife to try before my trek back to Orlando. I'm not a beer person, as you know I prefer rum, but she drank it the other night and wanted you to know she gives it 2 thumbs up.
    Well done.

Lazerjock

Smile

Coming from a family that distills it's own rum, I'd say that's a nice compliment indeed. Thanks!

For the record, it was a Vienna Wheat Meade... (Yeah, half malt sugar, half honey. But with just enough Liberty Hops to balance it out.)

Next year I might bring some hard cider. That usually goes over really well, even with the folks that don't like beer. We'll have to see though.

The rum you brought was awesome. (Hick!) Looking forward to another FLEM so I can sample it again!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Coming from a family that distills it's own rum, I'd say that's a nice compliment indeed. Thanks!

For the record, it was a Vienna Wheat Meade... (Yeah, half malt sugar, half honey. But with just enough Liberty Hops to balance it out.)

Next year I might bring some hard cider. That usually goes over really well, even with the folks that don't like beer. We'll have to see though.

The rum you brought was awesome. (Hick!) Looking forward to another FLEM so I can sample it again! For reference the apples don't usually squirt out like that from the bladder press, but I used pears for part of it too and neglected the squirt cover (run away) not as bad at staining as the red wine but still no fun.

Adam
    If you bring hard cider I really will have to make it to SELEM next year! I made 25 gallons last year, but haven't had any since this spring... Although last years Pinot should be almost ready by then.

-Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ciderpressing.jpg  

Last edited by sugeek; 08-28-2009 at 18:41. Reason: added in b.s.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Thumbs up

Maybe you and Johnathan (Platinum) can caravan next year.?.

Sure would be great to have you there pal. Let me know if that is a possibility. (If all it takes is some hard cider, consider it done!)

Adam

Question

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Looking forward to another FLEM so I can sample it again!

Adam
    Did... did you say another FLEM???

Cool

You want another FLEM? It's pretty easy to set up you know....

Well, actually, we might have to wait a bit. The Jeep is in the shop (transmission trouble), and it looks like this might be the big one. If so, I'll need to get another vehicle before I can haul those big-ass speakers down to Florida again. So we may need to wait until I get that taken care of.

Adam

Question

Did someone say another FLEM?!
    When When?!!!!

Oh that doesnt sound good...

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Question Another FLEM

This guy is going to plan another FLEM???
    Oh that doesnt sound good...

credit to Sofrene
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buffo.jpg  

Inventor of the hemorroid transplant

Oh what's this? I'm typing in this thread for some reason..

Uh oh.. now I'm hitting Submit Reply....