Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: korg nano midi kontrol

Default korg nano midi kontrol

I picked up a little toy the other day. i got the nano KEY but Ive decided to get all three.

Its a nice little unit thats at the bottom end of the midi price list. I havent had much of a chance to play with it. So far Ive just played around with assigning the keys to control the tracks, stop/start, audio modes and online/offine functions. You can assign up to 7 functions to the one key using the octave up and octave down button. the keys are also touch sensitive and respond to the pressure of the press. good for music composers but i havent worked out how to use it with pangolin. on the nano PAD there is a touch pad and each key can have up to 4 assignments. Im looking forward to getting the nano KONTROL with all those slides and knobs and buttons.

each board is $59 US on ebay or all three for $159 US
    1.5W RGB internal FB3 scanpro 30's
    500mW RGB scanpro 20's
    300mW 532nM scanpro 20's
    600mW RG 4 head

Livepro + FB3XE

Damn you! I think you just made me buy a NanoKontrol....

Ah I have a nanokontrol.
    It does what it is supposed to, but it is smaller than you would expect, it's very light and the sliders do not have much travel ...

But for that price you can't complain

What software do you all use to interface with these korg devices ?

Anyone positive experience interfacing these with Mamba?

I use it with Ableton Live and Pangolin stuff ... works nice

I'm a fellow Ableton user myself, although I still use Logic 5.5 for it's ES2 synth and a few other priceless instruments and effects. Ableton's fluid environment puts Logic to shame in terms of user-friendliness, IMO.

I've heard you can control lasers with midi controllers, but I stick with DAW software myself, although neither my Triton or my Keystation are small enough that I would want to carry it with me to do a laser show. I have to have all 88 keys, since truly playing a piano requires all of them.

These look fun, and they would probably be awesome for laser control. I could never use one for music, though, since I hate adjusting octaves as I go. I much prefer having the full range of keys right there.

when i get the other panels in make a small vid. its works perfect with pangolin which can take up to 4 midi devices. programming the midi keys is as easy as highlighting the action in a list and pressing the key.
    1.5W RGB internal FB3 scanpro 30's
    500mW RGB scanpro 20's
    300mW 532nM scanpro 20's
    600mW RG 4 head

Livepro + FB3XE

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    Interesting question Bart, as a fellow Mamba user i am also curious...

Quote Originally Posted by -bart- View Post
    What software do you all use to interface with these korg devices ?

Kevski has one of these that he uses with LivePro and I have borrowed it to test with Mamba - it does work but only as much as any midi works with Mamba. ie the live player in Mamba seems different with every new version and some have worked well with midi and others not. I will be buying a NanoKontrol (probably this week) as its such a neat and tidy bit o kit and suits me running off a laptop as my 2 midi keyboards are not USB. As the Live player in Mamba gets sorted out then I guess it will really come into its own.
    I also plan to see if it will work with He Laserscan - more of that later.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I'd certainly like to see Live Player in Mamba get sorted out - I've tried it with a Behringer BCF-2000 and it only works partially - you can assign some of the listed functions, such as x, y and z spin, to sliders, but can't assign colour changing. It would be good to have scale and strobe speed as assignable features as well - but perhaps this should go in the Mamba Wishlist!