Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omnichrome Series 74 HeCd manual

Laser Warning Omnichrome Series 74 HeCd manual

Hello,

Does anyone here happen to have the manual for an Omni Series 74 HeCd laser head ( the manual for the Model 100 PSU would be helpful too ).

If you can help me out please fire me a PM , thanks !

* waits for PM from Steve Roberts "

Adam

On second thought, does anyone know what the flashing thing on the hour meter that looks like the attached image means ? Also, the LED beside the Cadmium remelt button is on. Does this mean that I'm needing to do a cadmium remelt ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HeCdHourMeter.jpg  

Last edited by Diachi; 08-23-2009 at 04:58.

I think the flashing hourglass just means that the hours are ticking away, meaning the laser is running. Either that or the opposite, which would mean the hour meter is currently not running, and the icon would go solid when it is.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    I think the flashing hourglass just means that the hours are ticking away, meaning the laser is running. Either that or the opposite, which would mean the hour meter is currently not running, and the icon would go solid when it is.

SAM G prolly has the schematics drawn out by now.

I have the manual but its 227 miles away, and it will be 9 days b4 I'm back there.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I would think that would mean that it is running.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

@ Jason : That would make sense Jason, thanks.

@ Steve : I'll contact Sam and see if he can help me, is there any chance that you could send me a copy of the manual when you get to it ? If you're not too busy with work or such like of course .

@ Ben, yeah I think that makes sense. Must just mean the hour meter is ticking away like Jason said, I'd think the large emission LED and the bright orange yellowish white tube and fan noise would be enough to tell me that it's actually operating.

Thanks a lot guys !

Adam

AFAIK remelt increases plasma discharge current to the level when Cadmium in capillary goes to liquid state.
    After seeing this I tried to run Cd down to the reservoir by laser head tilt and punch. At first it worked, then finally led to a short in capillary, causing PS failure and inability start the discharge again.
    Curiosity killed the ... laser
    Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    AFAIK remelt increases plasma discharge current to the level when Cadmium in capillary goes to liquid state.
    After seeing this I tried to run Cd down to the reservoir by laser head tilt and punch. At first it worked, then finally led to a short in capillary, causing PS failure and inability start the discharge again.
    Curiosity killed the ... laser
    Piotr.K

I'm guessing it's okay to do this so long as I don't tilt the last and run molten cadmium down the bore ?

Did the fan on yours go off when you hit the remelt button ?

Oh, it was some years ago, but I think yes, it was 3 minutes of silence with bright capillary changing in discharge color towards ... yellow ? ... I think ...
    A bit scary for laser owner if was to last forever ... but finally went back to normal run.
    Oh yes, this was my first time ... and last successful

Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Oh, it was some years ago, but I think yes, it was 3 minutes of silence with bright capillary changing in discharge color towards ... yellow ? ... I think ...
    A bit scary for laser owner if was to last forever ... but finally went back to normal run.
    Oh yes, this was my first time ... and last successful

Piotr.K

haha, did you happen to smell any burning when you did the remelt ? The first one I tried but never finished gave of a burning smell at the cadmium condensation area. I imagine that's just due to the heater having being used for the first or second time ever though.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=Diachi;111756]Hello,

Does anyone here happen to have the manual for an Omni Series 74 HeCd laser head ( the manual for the Model 100 PSU would be helpful too ).

If you can help me out please fire me a PM , thanks !

* waits for PM from Steve Roberts "

Adam

On second thought, does anyone know what the flashing thing on the hour meter that looks like the attached image means ?

means the hour meter is working, nothing more

NO, DO NOT REMELT Cd !!! AS IN NO DO NOT REMELT THE CD UNTIL YOU HAVE VERIFIED THE PSU IS WORKING AND DONE THE PROCEDURES IN THE MANUAL FOR CALIBRATION AND MEASURED THE STABLE OUTPUT POWER AFTER 20 MINUTES. HEAD LED IS JUST THE "ON" indicator.

YEP, HES SHOUTING FOR A REASON. REMELT = LAST RESORT FOR BLOCKED BORE/OLDER TUBES/CD ON OPTICs.

DO NOT SHUT DOWN DURING A REMELT CYCLE IF YOU LIKE YOUR LASER WORKING !

There is a sticker on the side of the head with the cal values you should read at the jacks with a BATTERY POWERED ohm meter.

I had a 074 set melles record for longest working UV hecad at my last employer, the secret is to set it up per specs on a level table in a room with no drafts and and not mess with it.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-24-2009 at 10:30.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...