Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1W RGB Nightclub Install Video

Thumbs up CT Lasers knocks one out of the park!

Jesus Marc!

That's just frickin' awesome! I love it! (Damn, now I wish you could have brought that thing to SELEM!)

Very nice video. And you're right - the diffraction gratings on the mirrors make one laser look like many. I actually had to go back and re-watch several parts of the video to be certain that it was only one projector.

Damn fine work there buddy...

Adam

Thumbs up

Sweet!!
    Its just awesome!!!!

Its giving me some ideas to try

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Thanks for the kind words everyone. VERY much appreciated. The club was also knocked off its ass. Kinda funny, they bought the system, were all excited about it and the OWNER thought he was only getting a green system. LOL. when the colors kicked on the guy almost shit himself. QUITE literally. he actually scared the crap out of me, all i heard when he waled into the room was, "HOLLLY FU*K!!!!" was really a funny little moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Milani View Post
    Good job you done Marc!
    640 Red brightness is super-sexy!

Waiting for higher RGB powers now
    I am VERRRRY happy with the 640's. They are QUITE amazing. And don't worry about higher power reds....its being taken care of! (all i'll say right now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Very nice install there Marc. Whats the capacity of the club as I'm using a 700mW RGB in a 1500 capacity club and it looks surprisingly good for the power.

I take it that is a permanent install with you using target mirrors and DG's. would love to use them my self but not really practical with mobile setups.

Carl
    Hey Carl-
    THANKS! capacity is probably about 800-1000. Yes, its a permanent install. I use speaker stands (tri-pod types) with simple 6' aluminum bars on them to use for mobile apps where i want/need mirrors if the venue doesnt have a good mirror mounting area. They go up very easy, work great and have always had great results from it.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Jesus Marc!

That's just frickin' awesome! I love it! (Damn, now I wish you could have brought that thing to SELEM!)

Very nice video. And you're right - the diffraction gratings on the mirrors make one laser look like many. I actually had to go back and re-watch several parts of the video to be certain that it was only one projector.

Damn fine work there buddy...

Adam
    Thanks adam. yeah, the mirrors and gratings EXPONENTIALLY improve laser performance. sitting in the middle of this, and watching the beam chases was quite simply orgasmic (lasergasmic i think is the word PL coined right? )

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Sweet!!
    Its just awesome!!!!

Its giving me some ideas to try

djmatt
    LOL-
    Gitt-r-done!!!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

COOL!!

To re-emphasis what Marc says about gratings - (and I agree 100% !!):

This pic (borrowed from another thread) is from the recent SELEM - the fan effect is the "infamous" 1 watt Jolly Green (LaserWave from Marc ) shooting a stationary beam through a Poly-20 grating.

I'm definitely adding some of Marc's bounce mirrors & gratings to the shopping list...

Last edited by Stuka; 08-29-2009 at 09:18.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Beautiful colours!!!! Hopefully my projector will do the same. I have a kvant module from 600mw and a 500mw green in it. Wish blue wasn,t so damn expencive. But the good thing is i can pickup my sidepanels tomorrow

Great projector marc!!!

Very nice Mark, and some lovely whites there
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

hey doc-

thanks my friend! got your friend request also gotta go watch some of your vids now.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Looks great Marc, cant wait to get my 640nm 400mw from you and Laser-Wave thanks for the great service.

LJ

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Nothing is ramped back. I am a HUGE believer in NEVER "ramping power back!" NEVVVVER take power away!!

Just goes to show what sounds good in "theory" (regarding white balance) VERY RARELY ever makes sense in the real world. some of the best looking whites i have made and seen were, according to "theory" RIDICULOUSLY off balance.
    I agree whole heatedly. When my 1.7 RGB was in good shape it was 1 watt green, 500mw 635 red and 200mw blue. The beam effect of white still had a white look. I would much rather have all of the power than the "all important" balanced white. Especially on the lower end of the power spectrum (under 2 watts).

Looks good marc

How muct for a 1 Watt CT Laser? Do you only do installs or do you sell the projectors?
    - instinct