Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1W RGB Nightclub Install Video

Quote Originally Posted by ljk View Post
    Looks great Marc, cant wait to get my 640nm 400mw from you and Laser-Wave thanks for the great service.

LJ
    its on the way to you LJ!

and thanks for the kind words!

George-
    you and i think alike. i NEVER understood this whole "white balance" debate we all have here all the time.

to this day, the BEST white i have ever seen was from a system that didnt even have a red laser in it! LOL. how do you explain THAT one?

stanwax here has a projector that has a blue and a YELLOW laser in it. ABSOLUTELY damn near perfect white.

buy as much powers you can afford for your projectors. WHITE BALANCE always seems to show its beautiful face at the WEIRDEST times!!

screw the ratios, screw the theories, screw the balances. POWER BABY!!!! POWWWWWER!!!!!!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Because technically yellow is red and green. With something like OPSL you can generate yellow natively but you still essentially have a wavelength that is the equivolent of what you get from a red and green mix and that in turn means if you mix it with blue you can get white.

As for the theory, well I think it still holds up but it is as you pointed out a rough guide.

No offense meant by this Mark as well, but in your video (it could just be the camera) the white looks a little "smoky" (orangy yellowy) tinged. You have white but I have to wonder if this is maybe the by product of too much green?

To my mind by far the best way of producing an icy white is by the use of colour temperature but I don't know of anyone who either has a temperature meter or if they are capable of taking laser intensities - my local garage has one for car headlights but I doubt very much they'd let anyone shine a laser at it!!!

The advantage of colour temperature is its a known benchmark - the temperatures for different "tints" of HID lights is well known and thus in theory could be adjusted for using a meter.

hey guys-

As for the theory, well I think it still holds up but it is as you pointed out a rough guide
    Of course there is a theory behind the madness with "white balance." My emphasis was on the point that many people sink ALOT of money into their lasers and then they TURN THE POWER DOWN!!

i HAAATE hearing that! LOL. you got the power, use it! Youre paying for it.

No offense meant by this Mark as well, but in your video (it could just be the camera) the white looks a little "smoky" (orangy yellowy) tinged. You have white but I have to wonder if this is maybe the by product of too much green?
    I never take offense to constructive criticism or respectful questioning!

in all honesty, i cant say with 100% certainty if there was a "tinge" to this. I am sure that the green is probably a little heavy, but all i know is for the power of lasers used, the white was damn near perfect!!

according to "theory" though this should be WAAAY out of balance.
    400/640
    300/532
    300/473

Even i was surprised when this first kicked on.

i think the moral of the story (IMHO) is pay for what you plan on using!!! dont buy 400mW and only use 250mW. cuz chances are, the only person that would notice that slight color shift change would be you (the operator).

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

You can make white by mixing any two colors as long as you can draw a straight line between their coordinates that passes through the white point of a CIE chromaticity diagram. Red + cyan, blue + yellow, violet + yellowish green and aqua + orange can all make white light when mixed.

However, one of the most important things for a nice white beam is indeed power. If the power is higher the white will look better. I think it's also easier to find a good white balance with higher power lasers.

Oh, and not to forget... I've got to congratulate you on that very fine installation. Job well done! Those bounce gratings really take it to the next level.

Hey which chub is it? I'd like to go see this in person.
    Excited Photons Burned my Signature

vandome nightclub in new haven.

its a latin club.

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

, still can't open youtube.
    Marc, maybe you 'd like enjoy some pictures with you, I 'd like to know what genius job you had done. email me, .
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

hi bridge-

i will upload the video tonight to my server for you to download and send you the link

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

What kind of controller are they using?

FB3

nothing fancy.

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers