Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Hottest Chili Pepper - AKA, Me making a bunch of silly faces and crying

damnit man! I feel sorry for you! I love spicy foods, but day 2 is always what gets me...

@ Doc.... ROFL....

@ Buffo... Didn't even cross my mind... ROFL...
    the Video is only the beginning of the voyage for that chili pepper.....

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Cool

Laserbee & DZ:

That's the main reason I avoid hot food. Oh sure, it burns your lips and tongue when you eat it, but what's worst is what happens to your ass when you take a crap later that day or the next morning! I have learned the hard way that whatever burns on the way down will ALSO burn on the way out, and your ass is every bit as tender (maybe more so even) as your mouth is.

I was only half-joking about wiping your ass with a Popsicle. It really does burn like fire. Not something I'd recommend!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Hehe, that's gotta be some really spicy stuff. I'm growing Capsicum annuum var. aviculare "Bird's Eye" myself. It's far from harvest time, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience to taste it. It's "only" 50000-100000 SHU though.

I plan to use it in an exceptionally brutal schnapps that I call "Dräparn". It's basically a tincture of various chili peppers and menthol in 80% alcohol. It makes for a very interesting experience, because the capsaicin from the chili triggers the heat receptors and menthol the cold receptors. It's almost a life changing experience.
    Dräparn sounds good, gimme some when it's ready!
    I grow Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocoto and a annuum variety called "Salsa Yellow" that is yellow and the fruits grow upwards. I think this type is called "thai ornamental".

Tocket, have you tried to measure the Scoville of your fruits?
    A HPLC is on my "to find in dumpster"-list...

Whonder if chili-growing and laser-building is connected somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Laserbee & DZ:

That's the main reason I avoid hot food. Oh sure, it burns your lips and tongue when you eat it, but what's worst is what happens to your ass when you take a crap later that day or the next morning! I have learned the hard way that whatever burns on the way down will ALSO burn on the way out, and your ass is every bit as tender (maybe more so even) as your mouth is.

I was only half-joking about wiping your ass with a Popsicle. It really does burn like fire. Not something I'd recommend!

Adam

The first time this happened to me was also the last time, 1993, M1 northbound with my my mother in the passenger seat.

*Rumble, ruuuuuuumble, growl, oh shit * Next service area 15 miles. Ended up doing 125mph, cut across 3 lanes of traffic into the services, tyres squealing, left the door open, undoing trouser belt as I was running.

2 days of battery acid hell, never again.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dar303 View Post
    Dräparn sounds good, gimme some when it's ready!
    I grow Rocoto (Capsicum pubescens) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocoto and a annuum variety called "Salsa Yellow" that is yellow and the fruits grow upwards. I think this type is called "thai ornamental".

Tocket, have you tried to measure the Scoville of your fruits?
    A HPLC is on my "to find in dumpster"-list...

Whonder if chili-growing and laser-building is connected somehow...
    Well, I have access to a couple of HPLC instruments, but I don't even know how to use them. We have a professor of ecological chemistry here at the department though, I could probably ask her. She's usually interested in that kind of stuff. Quantifying the amount of capsaicin might not be that easy though.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ...*Rumble, ruuuuuuumble, growl, oh shit * Next service area 15 miles. Ended up doing 125mph, cut across 3 lanes of traffic into the services, tyres squealing, left the door open, undoing trouser belt as I was running....
    This thread is useless without.... oh, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Well, I have access to a couple of HPLC instruments, but I don't even know how to use them. We have a professor of ecological chemistry here at the department though, I could probably ask her. She's usually interested in that kind of stuff. Quantifying the amount of capsaicin might not be that easy though.
    http://jchemed.chem.wisc.edu/contrib...ple06/p266.pdf

That paper might help, if not get a hold of the NM Chile institute they are the source for Capsaicin testing and peppers...

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Very impressive Adam. I'm surprised over the taste comments....

After trying habanero peppers years back, all I could describe was intense burn, as I don't remember any pleasant taste associated with this.

I'll have to stick with serranos and jalapenos.

Exclamation

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!
    Remind me not to try any peppers you grow!!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt