View Poll Results: Should there be a Midwest Laser Enthusiast Meet?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 88.89%
  • No

    2 11.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Midwest Laser Enthusiast Meet (MWLEM)?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Thanks for the suggestions so far. Steve, I'll PM you sometime about venues.. I'd love to know what kind of possibilities your friend knows of.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    12 hour drive for me. Hmmm..
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

  3. #33
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    12 hour drive for me. Hmmm..
    Not that bad if you meet me in Akron or Ft Wayne, , always helps to have a co-pilot.

    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Not that bad if you meet me in Akron or Ft Wayne, , always helps to have a co-pilot.

    Steve
    So anybody flying from southern New Mexico (or Arizona/Texas) 20+ hours drive is not too fun. With luck I will win the Guinness contest to low earth orbit (via virgin galactic, two hours from here to TorC). Hopefully all goes well, I would love to make it to a USLEM AKA MWLEM!

    -Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

    Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •