Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: promoting my lighting and sound company

Wow, how many boxes does he have? Is using OEM PD drivers not a huuuuuge expense for him?
    Strange cab choice for such a big rig though.

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Trackspots = Highend Systems ?

Blast from the past!

Default yes

yes mate high end systems. in fact these have lightwave research on as the manufacturer with an address to highend systems. not sure why but as i said they are older than me and still powering through. the sticker on these says 1986 but i cant see em being that old but i maybe wrong.

they are good scanners and very light but absolutly massive for what they actually do. the coef scanners i have are not much bigger and do a hell of alot more stuff. the only difference is the huge amount of weight to the coef scanners there about 15kg each

back breakers they are but amazing quality and amazing effects anyone else used or got any coef lighting equioment?

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Wow, how many boxes does he have? Is using OEM PD drivers not a huuuuuge expense for him?
    Strange cab choice for such a big rig though.
    The main system consists of 8 (I think) X-array tops and 12 cabs. Tops are tri amped with QSC powerlight and the subs are driven by 4 (I think) Crown/Amcron MA5000's. There is a load of other gear for monitoring etc.

I love my audio and feel I know when I hear something that sounds good and this just blows me away every time hahaha.

Oh the PD drivers he had made were a combination between the PD1850 and another one (cant remember now) However it worked so well I believe PD now offer it in their standard range of speakers, hes really proud of that fact lol.

BTW its London based if anyone ever needs to hire such a system...

I guess he has a load of kettles plugged in too when he sees the 100A+ then...

I'm fully sorted for sound gear tho, more than I could ever hope to need, I'm admin over here...
    www.speakerplans.com/forum sort of the PL of the PA world, or as I like to say, you're the speakerplans of the laser world!
    Setup originally by the guy who designs all the Void stuff that I linked earlier

I'm fully sorted for sound gear tho, more than I could ever hope to need, I'm admin over here...
    www.speakerplans.com/forum sort of the PL of the PA world, or as I like to say, you're the speakerplans of the laser world!
    Setup originally by the guy who designs all the Void stuff that I linked earlier
    nice one iv been looking for something like that!

20K of bass is over 80A alone even if you had 100% efficient amps (if they existed). He does/did gigs for drum and bass events etc its quite easily plausible to draw this amount of current.
    Last edited by madgadget; 09-09-2009 at 11:32.

you are completely correct. I'd been assuming the bass cabs were single 18's, and the MA5k spec sheet shows around under 15A draw at 4R per channel. However, it's entirely possible to go WAAY above that is they are doubles at 4R per cab (2R per channel) In fact in an amp shootout only last week an MA5k hit 33A peak driving 2R per channel on some 34hz test tones.

We had 80k of Turbosound in the old club, that along with the 40+ Golden scans, 30 White Lightning strobes and the 8W argon tripped the main Manweb breaker a few times back in the 90s.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Lightbulb

Kai ora,
    I see you like jbl. I have just completed my 3rd sound system. I have 2x L-acoustics mtd112b mid high bins and 1x L-acoustics sb118 sub. I have a L-acoustics llc112b-st current controller. I am running 2x 3kw lab gruppen and 1x 6kw lab gruppen amps. I love lighting, however I got the heads up about 5 years ago ( from one of new zealands most experenced engineers, who also loves lighting) sound first lights second. You might wanna listen to an l-acoustic, nexo or dnb audio technica system. The biggest problem that these systems have is that they sound too nice. The power to weight ratio on these systems is amazing.
    Thats my 2 cents worth.
    Daniel