Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FB3 brightness?

This seems like the appropriate thread to find some answers. I have recently received an RGB projector built by Daedal (thanks man) The Red and green lasers I purchased are 300mW each. I am only able to get 100mW out of them before optics. I am using the DB25 breakout board, and an FB3 that has been modified to draw power from the USB. I have measured the voltage with a meter across the red and green lines while lasing as much as I can get them to and get a reading of 2.5 Volts. I am assuming that the lack of voltage is the problem but why is it happening? Could it be my FB3? Software? Breakoutboard?

Quote Originally Posted by yobresal View Post
    This seems like the appropriate thread to find some answers. I have recently received an RGB projector built by Daedal (thanks man) The Red and green lasers I purchased are 300mW each. I am only able to get 100mW out of them before optics. I am using the DB25 breakout board, and an FB3 that has been modified to draw power from the USB. I have measured the voltage with a meter across the red and green lines while lasing as much as I can get them to and get a reading of 2.5 Volts. I am assuming that the lack of voltage is the problem but why is it happening? Could it be my FB3? Software? Breakoutboard?
    Are you measuring across the colour outputs or between colour +ve and pin 25?

This is a problem I was suffering until I started using pin 25 as the exclusive colour ground (I believe it was Jem that told me about this).

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Lightbulb Pssst... yobresal...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Actually sending direct email to Pangolin is a far better way to resolve things.

This is a Software issue, that has been corrected via software update,,
    Call Pangolin, or email them for the updated software.
    This is also the case for LivePro, Bill sent me an updated software, that increased the output/ brightness ....
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Default been here done got the tee shirt

firstly i want to make it knowen that pangolin hardware/software is great,

hi guys i had all these problems 14 months ago.
    fb3 hardwarware is just fine so is the qm so dont bother reading voltages unless you got a oscope.
    its down to the software and how it balances power across the whole frame ,you will find that some pre drawen frames are brighter than others
    that proberly down to the file being drawn on software other than pangolin,
    if you were to draw a line in pango software and project it is not that bright, overlay another line on top it get brighter ect ect, it just seems the software balances the power the wrong way round ie(when you draw one line it should be at full power and then spread the power out across the other items as you draw them, at the moment when you draw a line its just two points and dim ,in the end i just gave up trying to drawing my own stuff with software. if you use the traceit software for images thats fine as it inserts a lot more points into the frame (too many at times)
    so at the end of the day pangolin is just fine you just have to make allowences for the software and insert extra points to brighten things
    up when drawing your own stuff other than that i had no problems with my fb3
    that my 2 pence worth

roll on quick show cant wait to see what thats like

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Yeah thanks, I read this thread 10 times but before I waste their time I wanted your help to positively identify the problem I'm having ( fb3, software, lasers, power supply, testing error)

Also I have grounded the green laser to pin 25 to test and I got the same exact measurement of 100mW. I have known about the drawing multiple points on top of eachother. That's the only way I can get 100mW.
    Thanks for tips Carlos and badger but do you think it is possible for the software to limit my lasers down to 33% of their potential (300mW)
    Last edited by yobresal; 09-29-2009 at 07:33.

Is this update included in the latest version available for download, or is it by request only?

Ian
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

I dunno but I'd love for Pango to sort out their release info for the site so you knew what build it was and an accompanying set of release notes.

I'm going to email Bill for the update I think.

have you checked the settings for min and max points displayed
    if you turn that up it may help, could not gtee that though
    dont have and fb3 at moment to check it
    what lasers do you have?